CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Menu in CCS v5.0.0.16254

Print topic Send  topic

Garfieldus

Posted: 04/26/2015, 7:27 AM

I'm unable to get the menu builder to work properly in CCS v5.0

I want a menu in an includable page.

How are you doing it?

Any help appreciated....
View profile  Send private message
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 04/26/2015, 3:01 PM

Plenty of good js menus on the web. Much more configurable too.

Garfieldus

Posted: 04/26/2015, 3:07 PM

Yes, I am of course aware of that fact. What I asked was "How are you doing it?"

To put it another way...

Can you tell me what you have successfully implemented so I can go down the same route to save time.
icp4all

Posted: 04/27/2015, 1:28 PM

If you mean probs with artisteer designs -> http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=117913
Garfieldus

Posted: 04/27/2015, 1:36 PM

Quote icp4all:
If you mean probs with artisteer designs -> http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=117913

No, I mean standard CCS menu builder. I can build a menu but it doesn't appear properly when deployed.

I used CodeChargeTools in v4 of CCS but that doesn't work in v5 and he never released it for v5 and wouldn't answer emails asking about it.

I want a menu in an includable page. I put it as an header in every page of my project and I have the same menu on every page.

So what do you do for a menu in CCS5?
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 04/28/2015, 5:42 AM

Pick one...

http://speckyboy.com/2008/10/19/35-easy-to-use-free-aja...tion-solutions/

R.T.F.G.

Garfieldus

Posted: 04/28/2015, 5:46 AM

Quote MichaelMcDonald:

Y.S.F.A.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 04/28/2015, 3:22 PM

Make me laugh.

What does Y.S.F.A mean?

(no need to include the profanity if there is any 8-) )

Garfieldus

Posted: 04/28/2015, 3:25 PM

Quote MichaelMcDonald:
Make me laugh.

What does Y.S.F.A mean?

(no need to include the profanity if there is any 8-) )

R.T.F.G.
eratech

Posted: 04/28/2015, 11:52 PM

Quote Garfieldus:
I'm unable to get the menu builder to work properly in CCS v5.0

I want a menu in an includable page.

How are you doing it?

Any help appreciated....

I've used Menu builder (mainly static items though) in CCS4 and CCS5, and in a Project upgraded from 4->5, all the time in a Header includable file, and it's worked each time.

I've had one instance of the styles not loading for a user which resulted in a bunch of links showing without the pretty bits, but that is literally one person.

What problem are you having? (and is it static or db driven)

Eric
Garfieldus

Posted: 04/29/2015, 4:18 AM

Quote eratech:
I've used Menu builder (mainly static items though) in CCS4 and CCS5, and in a Project upgraded from 4->5, all the time in a Header includable file, and it's worked each time.

It has never worked for me in either 4 or 5. CodeChargeTools (CCT) came to the rescue and I forgot about it. Now I need to update an old project and rather than doing it in v4 I thought I'd give it a go in v5 (I moved away from CCS quite a while ago) but CCT is not available. The project seems to have converted ok but I still have the menu problem. I tried creating a new project in v5 but the menu problem is still there in it. I've checked that styles files are present and correctly referred to in the source (spelling/case) but no luck.

Quote eratech:
I've had one instance of the styles not loading for a user which resulted in a bunch of links showing without the pretty bits, but that is literally one person.

Eric

That is _exactly_ the problem I'm having in both static and db.

How did you sort it out for your customer?
lsmashnuk

Posted: 04/29/2015, 9:50 PM

I'm not sure about CCS 5.0, In CCS 5.1 and ASP.Net VB - InMotion Framework, CCS generates an extra DIV around the Menu control and the CSS selectors fail to style the menu properly. I have to add code the bottom of the code behind page to fix the bug.

Protected Sub Menu1_Init(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Menu1.Init
CType(sender, InMotion.Web.Controls.Menu).GenerateDiv = False
End Sub

The menu controls work fine in ASP. I have not tried other code platforms like PHP etc.
eratech

Posted: 04/29/2015, 10:43 PM

Quote Garfieldus:
Quote eratech:

It has never worked for me in either 4 or 5. CodeChargeTools (CCT) came to the rescue and I forgot about it. Now I need to update an old project and rather than doing it in v4 I thought I'd give it a go in v5 (I moved away from CCS quite a while ago) but CCT is not available. The project seems to have converted ok but I still have the menu problem. I tried creating a new project in v5 but the menu problem is still there in it. I've checked that styles files are present and correctly referred to in the source (spelling/case) but no luck.

Quote eratech:

Eric

That is _exactly_ the problem I'm having in both static and db.

How did you sort it out for your customer?

Truth is, we didn't figure that out as all other uses were fine, and that user very, very rarely used it so we let it slide. He's using Safari 8.1 on Mac OSX 10.10 and I've using Safari 8.0 on Mac OSX 10.10 to test and I'm fine. The other users are Windows using IE 10 and Firefox and Chrome and all ok.

The project was in PHP so it doesn't appear to be a problem with the extra DIV in .NET. However, you might want to check if your includable page has a style attached to it - perhaps the includable page is reloading a stylesheet (I've had that happen once when I updated the page styles and some bits stayed as the old style)

Also, you mention that the style files are present, so I assume that includes the Menu.css and Menu_components.css? I also have some /js/menu/ files (PHP Project) which *might* be impacting as they change the classes for the drop-downs.

Wish I could be more definite

Eric
cvboucher

Posted: 04/30/2015, 2:36 PM

One way to troubleshoot this is to open the developer tools (F12) in Chrome or IE (maybe FireFox too) and click on the Networking tab. Then refresh the browser page and see if you're getting an error loading any of the .css files. Then you just have to figure out why.

Craig
eratech

Posted: 05/01/2015, 1:01 AM

Garfieldus - can you put a demo project somewhere public (or link to download) and I'll take a quick look. Craig's suggestion to dig in the output is probably the best way to go.

Eric
Garfieldus

Posted: 05/08/2015, 7:56 AM

Eric, sorry for the delay and thank you very much for the offer.

Here's something I put up. It's a static menu but a db menu acts in the same way....

http://garfieldus.com/menutest

cvboucher

Posted: 05/08/2015, 9:22 AM

The menu looks fine to me in both IE and Chrome.

Also, the browser developer tools show that everything downloaded fine.

Craig
eratech

Posted: 05/10/2015, 10:53 PM

Quote cvboucher:
The menu looks fine to me in both IE and Chrome.

Also, the browser developer tools show that everything downloaded fine.

Craig

And I got the same result in Safari 8.1 on Mac OSX 10.10.

Just for fun I put some through browsershots.org and 3 other browsers appear fine.

Could you have some file cached and getting a local (old) version and we are getting a fresh copy?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Eric
quasimidi

Posted: 05/13/2015, 1:12 AM

Why don't you give a try and use Bootstrap and jQuery? Creating controls and elements makes it a breeze.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login