CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

CCS5, Artisteer and Menubuilder

Print topic Send  topic

icp4all

Posted: 03/24/2012, 2:07 AM

Hi all,

i still have massive problems to implement a menu made with the menu builder into a design made with artisteer. I tried to rebuild all as described in help (and the blog example) over and over again, but it will not work.

So if someone can post a simple step by step instruction how to implement a Menu made with the menubuilder to a artisteer design made with artisteer 3.1 it would be very helpfull.
Due several reasons i need to use the menubuilder and not a third party script.

Thx hans
View profile  Send private message
solesz

Posted: 03/26/2012, 2:02 AM

Hi,

Have you got any solution to your problem, because I am facing the very same problem.
Even, I did not find the description in the help, how to do it.

I am afraid, there is some mismatch between the artisteer generated class and element selectors and menu builder generated class and element selectors.

solesz
solesz

Posted: 03/26/2012, 11:47 AM

The blog example design has been generated by Artisteer version: 2.1.0.16091
So I think it's been hardly rewritten to be able to work in this example.

Better not to copy to much out of this blog example...

Maybe the menu generation worth for a sight. (mainmenu page)
icp4all

Posted: 03/26/2012, 1:27 PM

2 points I found...

1. Artisteer 3.1 menus use jquerry the buildin desings use some other JS
2. as you said..."it's been hardly rewritten" ->i cannot rebuild the Menu Template
in the blog example there is a frame in desingsmode - in the rebuild one its missing

And btw what is the text "MainMenuMMPanelMenuItemsMainMenuContainer" in the menuID panel of the include page
solesz

Posted: 03/26/2012, 1:48 PM

JQuery - IMHO - only used for the vertical menus, horizontal is a different picture. You see what I figured out:

I am close to the solution:

You creates an includable page with the menu control.
Switch to HTML view and you have to clean the code:
delete the the div tag (closing div too)
delete the first ul tag
delete all class references from the remaning tags.
(if you check the generated html in a browser (source code i.e. in firefox), it is good advice how to clean the code furthermore in codecharge)

then menu show up.

Unfortunately if you have a menu separator line, then it will show up before the first element too. I think the first element should be a different class, or some sibling problem still exists.

solesz
p.s.: you do not have to make it as complicated as the blog example. Follow this:
You should have a Master Page within the Artisteer generated design, with a placeholder: Menu
Then, you create the include page, described above.
Then you create any page, and include the include page into the Menu panel - assumed you created the "any"' page applying design.
icp4all

Posted: 03/28/2012, 8:27 AM

Your solution works fine with a simple menu.
The problem is to build a tree with several submenus.....

Therefore is the code / way they use in the blockexample.

still trying^^
solesz

Posted: 03/29/2012, 5:28 AM

Full solution (pratially I get info from Support - thanks, but it had to be improved like this):
1. create a normal CCS page
2. apply design
3. place the cursor into the Menu panel
4. build the menu (horizontal type)
5. generate the page
6. on the properties tab change this page includable, then design will be lost, but no problem
7. create a normal CCS page
8. apply design
9. place the cursor into the Menu panel
10. Form/Include page -then include the first page.

I tried it on:
- built-in desing - fully worked
- freshly generated Artisteer 3.1.xxxxx design - fully worked - even with tree !

If you generate Menu on a clean page or on a "design applied" page the generated code will not be the same. That's why the menu should not be genperated within a includable page first. Later you change the page to includable already leaves the generated code intact.
If you want to modify your menu later - adding or removing menu items - causes no problem, I also tried it.

solesz
icp4all

Posted: 03/29/2012, 8:16 AM

Strike!!!

:-D

Oper

Posted: 04/10/2012, 5:21 PM

Also if you use Separator you will get an extra Separetor at the Beginig (Bug)

(I'm just searching a bit more , before sudmit a ticket)

http://www.PremiumWebTemplate.com
Affiliation Web Site Templates

Please do backup first
aewhite901

Posted: 04/23/2012, 4:38 PM

Many, many thank you's for this answer.
:-)
Might I suggest this Tip gets copied to the Tip and Tricks Section?
pbarkley

Posted: 09/08/2012, 12:19 PM

THANK YOU for your explanation. I was going crazy trying to get this to work. The concept really is not that difficult once you know how, but when you're just trying to integrate an includable menu page with the new Artisteer designs, the process is not at all clear. I wasn't even sure whether this was even going to work, or whether I needed to somehow build the entire menu in the Artisteer design. Since that seems to be impossible, I concluded that wasn't the right approach.

Yes has a great combination here, but we REALLY need better tutorials IMO aimed at getting people started. I'm sure many people just give up in frustration. That applies to the basic CCS system as well. Over the last year I created a running word processing document for myself with mostly CCS notes (but a few notes about MySQL tricks that I keep forgetting and having to relearn) and now some Artisteer plus CCS. This document is currently at 365 pages, because it includes screen shots, and long winded discussions about various things that I've tried. My point is that for someone starting off pretty raw with CCS, there is a need for a lot more explanation IMO. Again, once you figure it out, it's not hard, but a lot of times the conceptual problems are almost insurmountable.

Thanks again for this clear explanation that Yes should have included somewhere!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login