CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Continous refresh of Project Explorer and Properties panels

Print topic Send  topic

djgjohn

Posted: 08/15/2013, 10:24 PM

Is this standard with V5 (intentional) or a bug?

Every time I click in the code view section to edit code or go from Code to Design view the Project Explorer and Properties panels reload taking up valuable time. Does anyone else experience this annoying issue? (Running on XP.)
View profile  Send private message
djgjohn

Posted: 08/16/2013, 1:21 AM

And another thing: every time I make a change some type of auto-save function kicks in and takes 5 to 8 seconds before I can move on. What is this?
djgjohn

Posted: 08/21/2013, 12:59 AM

Looks like this has been resolved in 5.1.0.18535
djgjohn

Posted: 09/19/2013, 2:02 AM

Actually it hasn't. Must have been working on a good day.

http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=121397
javauser

Posted: 09/20/2013, 7:12 AM

I saw that behaviour when sources were on a mapped network drive (on the host of the VM running CCS).
When I copied them to a VM local folder and open the project from there it stopped the crazy refreshings.
Also had to install DSynchronize to sync the host's sources folder (Sometimes I forgot to backup before doing Snapshot revertsss ) O:)
djgjohn

Posted: 09/20/2013, 3:20 PM

## UPDATE ## I might have the answer: I had auto-complete turned off. Seems the system does not like that. After I turned it back on again (in Options), closed and reopened CCS the problem seems to have disappeared. Hopefully I haven't jinxed it. We'll see.
##

Everything was on the local drive: Codecharge, projects. I have moved the entire project folder to a Toshiba external hard drive and speed of these refreshes has improved slightly. The only thing keeping me sane is that I have closed the file and project explorer windows. I don't have anything on a shared drive.
dleiker

Posted: 10/01/2013, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the tip on working off a local file store. I was getting the continuous refreshes too when loading files from a network share. I was also seeing two or three copies of each file in the project explorer. That behavior seems to be cleared up now. Otherwise I'm getting along okay with 5.1.0.18696.
I've been using CCS since version 2 and have a lot of rock solid systems built on it. I'm hoping to stay with it for a while.
dleiker

Posted: 10/01/2013, 10:53 AM

Thanks for the tip on working off a local file store. I was getting the continuous refreshes too when loading files from a network share. I was also seeing two or three copies of each file in the project explorer. That behavior seems to be cleared up now. Otherwise I'm getting along okay with 5.1.0.18696.
I've been using CCS since version 2 and have a lot of rock solid systems built on it. I'm hoping to stay with it for a while.
djgjohn

Posted: 10/01/2013, 3:57 PM

The problem persists even with latest upgrade. It could be some type of resource leakage issue because with a system restart CCS runs faster. But the loonger you have a project open the slower it gets.

Put the problem to support and their reply is below:

"Usually CCS is slow because of two reasons:
1. project size
2. database connection.

If project is large (more than 50 pages) and if pages stores a lot of forms and controls it makes CCS working slow.
In your case the issue seems to be related to database. If you connect to large remote database it explains why CCS is slow. In this case it is recommended to create a local empty copy of database and connect to it during design time.

From what you described it looks like the problem is related to database."

I set up local database connection with empty version of database and with small projects it does run faster. But after a time they all slow down (based on what I have experienced of course.)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login