CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

News of Walter Kempees [Deceased Thurs 10/23/08] He Will Be Missed!

Print topic Send  topic

GeorgeS

Posted: 10/23/2008, 11:32 AM

I pray that Walter will get well.
I can not imagine how hard all this for his parents...

Posted: 10/23/2008, 8:17 PM

Hello,

I am very sad to communicate Walter's father words today:

"Walter passed away today at 19:45 local Dutch time"

Our deepest condolences to Walter's family.

I think this community is in debt with Walter for his generous and valuable contribution during these years.

May God bless Walter.

Kind regards
Alfredo C.:-(
View profile  Send private message
JimmyCrackedCorn

Posted: 10/23/2008, 9:02 PM

This is very sad news.

Walter was incredibly helpful here. And he was always polite and kind to everyone. I came here a couple of years ago knowing nothing about CCS and he never hesitated to help me whether my questions were very basic or very complex.

His technical contributions here will be sorely missed. But beyond that we will dearly miss his kindness and thoughtfulness.

To Walter's parents: I know this must be an incredibly difficult time for you. But I hope you can take comfort in knowing Walter was a very good person who delighted in helping others and making a difference.

Posted: 10/23/2008, 10:12 PM

Walter's contribution and willingness to helping others, his selflessness, good humor, and invaluable insight will be sorely missed.

I know he has often helped me in the past, and we had spoken via the forum on several occasion.

This is a sad day for the Codecharge community for we have lost a valued member, and a friend.

My heart and feelings go out to his family in this time of loss, and I hope they will be warmed by the fact that Walter in this time here has made a lasting impression on so many.

Move on gentle soul.. May your path to wherever be free of encumberances and obsticles

Yours Most Sincerely
David Boccabella a.k.a. Marcwolf

andy

Posted: 10/24/2008, 12:16 AM

There are lots of people who are very clever, and Walter was certainly this, and there are some people who are generous, but there are very few, who make such a mark on the people around them by giving so freely of their time and good spirit.
Walter, you set the standard in friendliness and generosity, and even though most of us didn't have the opportunity to meet you face to face, we feel we were able to share a little part of your warmth and friendship.
You made your mark. You made your mark.
We are so very sad and our thoughts and prayers go out to you, Roy and Els.

RAD tools for rich UI controls:
http://www.koolphptools.com
mentecky

Posted: 10/24/2008, 8:09 AM

I am deeply saddened by Walter's passing. He was a good and generous soul. Freely giving his time and knowledge to others in what, lets face it, is a highly competitive field. Where giving free answers is often taboo and can take away your competitive edge. Walter didn't care about that, he just liked to help.

Roy and Els, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rick

Posted: 10/24/2008, 8:48 AM

I'm very sad with this news.

I live in Guatemala, not where Walter was living, what if one is that he was an obliging person, which is a very scanty quality in our current world.

I am addened by Walter's passing., and ask God that give peace and consoles your parents, and simultaneously they are happiness for having educated a son with service spirit.

Parents of Walter: If they allow me the suggestion, maybe could think of printing all the messages that were sent in this forum on the occasion of the Disease of your son and the copy to include it in the coffin, as remember of the persons whom without knowing us, he helped.

Please forgives my english.

Best regards,

Posted: 10/24/2008, 9:52 AM

Very sad news, indeed.

This morning I revisited a few of Walter's postings on this forum. Upon reading them I was delighted to perceive, again, the human quality in each of them, the genuine will to help others, and a fine sense of humour.

We will miss your presence in this forum, Walter.

A. Saavedra
AQUANANU

Posted: 10/24/2008, 11:25 AM

no words can ever express what loss of life means.

Only i can wish better times to Walter's near and dear ones.
cleyan

Posted: 10/24/2008, 12:28 PM

Mi mas sinceras condolencias para toda la familia y amistades de Walter, ademas nos debe servir para recordar cuales son las cosas realmente importantes en nuestras vidas.

My most sincere condolences to Walter's family and friends, we also should remind whta are the really important things in our lives.

Carlos
www.leytec.net
Mango_Lier

Posted: 10/24/2008, 2:37 PM

God bless him, he was a kind and gentle soul.

Exactly what happened to him, is ankle infection really that deadly?
geebee

Posted: 10/24/2008, 3:32 PM

This is very sad news.

I very rarely form an opinion of someone when I only know them from their online activity. Walter was one of the exceptions. Like others, I have read a great many of Walter's posts and came to the conclusion that he was one of life's good guys.

Walter had a number of great attributes - enthusiasm, patience, a willingness to help others and a good sense of humour to name a few.

Walter, you will be missed by the CCS community.

My thoughts are with your family at this sad time.

God rest your soul.

Graham
navcan

Posted: 10/24/2008, 6:14 PM

Oh My God... I can't believe it. Friends, I logged in after several weeks, I am shocked and extremely sad to read about our dearest, generous and very very valuable friend Walter.

My deepest condolences to Walter's family.

May God bless Walter.

His death is a truly shocking, heartfelt and unexpected event for all of us.

Sincerely,
navcan

Markie

Posted: 10/25/2008, 12:53 AM

I'm deeply sorry to read this news.
Walter was a great CCS developer and I hope his helpfull postings and advice will stay in this forums for a long, long time, so they can be an example for less gifted developers like me.

Markie
Webserver: Windows 2008 IIS 7, php and MySQL
jjrjr1

Posted: 10/25/2008, 1:54 AM

I am so sorry to hear this news and, Like many of us, was touched by Walter's brilliance and willingness to help others.

My heart and prayers go out to his family for this great loss.

All of us will feel this loss as well.

Posted: 10/25/2008, 1:57 AM

PS:

I have asked Walter's family if there is someplace we can make a gift or donation in Walter's name or to his Memorial Service.

I will advise if I hear something.

Posted: 10/26/2008, 3:27 PM

To Walter's family my condolences (my prayers are with you). This is truly very sad news. Walter will truly be missed here in the CCS forums.

@jjrjr1, Thanks for keeping us informed.
Robert Shera
Posted: 10/27/2008, 3:09 AM

My sincere condolences to Walter's family. There are many people who
have expertise in computing. There are very few who have the generosity
to share this expertise freely with others.

Walter was one of the few, and he will be sadly missed.

Robert
TonyReid

Posted: 10/27/2008, 5:06 AM

I feel so sad to read this news.

My thoughts are with his family at this tough time,

Tony

bsiler

Posted: 10/27/2008, 7:35 PM

Walter will be added to my prayer list

Brent
pbrad

Posted: 10/29/2008, 5:36 AM

To Walter's parents,

Having lost a son of my own, I deeply sympathize with your loss. A fair God would not allow us to outlive our children.

Walter was a true gentlemen and will be sorely missed.

Best Regards,
Pete Bradstreet

CCS 4
MySQL
PHP
feha

Posted: 10/31/2008, 1:41 PM

I am so sorry and wanted to offer my condolences.

www.vision.to
feedpixel.com
maxhugen

Posted: 11/06/2008, 3:46 PM

Having been away from the forums for a little while, I was most shocked to hear of Walter's passing.

Like so many others, I greatly appreciated the help Walter so freely offered to one and all. I will miss Walter.

RIP
headhunter

Posted: 11/15/2008, 12:54 AM

I feel sorry to hear this very sad news.

As mentioned many times before, Walter was a great person, always willing to help others (he helped me too several times). Sometimes I was thinking: "Come on Walter, sometimes you have to rest too!". As always very busy on the forum helping others and sharing his knowledge with the community.
I will always remember him in my prayers.

My condolences to his parents and family.

Rust in vrede Walter!

Bart from Belgium
damian

Posted: 12/24/2008, 5:16 AM

i have been missing from these forums for about a year.
in my time in the forums Walter was an amazingly generous and giving person and helped me out on too many occasions.
even after i stopped being active here walter would email me to say hello and share little things with me
it seems that many of you did not know but Walter had cancer for many years. he was diagnosed in 2000 and given 3 months to live but that is not his way
he wrote some time ago that "humour, positive thinking and a small group of good people around, makes the diff"
walter was a very rare person in deed
tonight i stumbled on a message and digging further led me here
i am very saddened by Walters passing but i also believe that he made the most of his life every day and certainly my life is richer for having counted Walter as my friend
i miss you Walter and I pray you are in safe hands now

Posted: 12/30/2008, 4:43 PM

Walter Kempees R.I.P.

My sincere condolences to his family.

Walter, you will live forever in my heart.

This was shocking news.

Love, Peace and Harmony to all.

/Dave

jjrjr1

Posted: 12/31/2008, 6:04 AM

Hi

Just got this from Walters parents. Thought You all should share in this.

Quote :
Hallo John Real,

We are referring to the year 2008 as ‘annus horribiles’

We had to inform you that Walter passed away. We are so saddened by this, that we have not sent Season wishes at all.

But the way you and members of the CCS community responded and shared our grief, was heartwarming.

We used all your thoughts and prayers in printed form and used that for Walter's memorial service, to be read by family and friends.

Again, we are very grateful for all your good wishes and prayers and we hope that the CCS-community will have had a Merry Christmas and wishing you all a prosperous new year.

With kindest regards from Walter’s parents,

Roy and Els Kempees.

Ps. Have tried to get Walter’s latest version of ‘Code Charge Studio’ but failed to do so. I will just remember the time we, Walter and I, spoke together about his projects using the software.

Posted: 01/02/2009, 7:49 AM

As so many others here I am very sad to hear of Walter's passing. I have utilized this forum periodically for years and have always been amazed by Walter's generosity to share his CCS knowledge with others. He was always kind and encouraging.

To his parents: I am so sorry for your loss! As important as Walter has been to all of us at CCS I am certain it pales in comparison to what Walter has meant to you. I pray you find comfort in the fact that we serve a loving and perfect God. His wisdom is far beyond anything we can understand and he is always in complete control. We may not understand why he allowed Walter's passing but, through faith (by trusting him), we can find comfort in knowing that God is with us through our suffering as well as our joys.

Praying for you,
Donna

Posted: 01/02/2009, 5:15 PM

This is very sad news,I am very sorry to hear this .
RonB

Posted: 01/05/2009, 5:09 AM

I've been absent from this forum for a while so I just read the news and I'm shocked.

I wish his family strength in what surely must be difficult times. For me Walter embodied some of the best things in software development... he was open, helpful and prepared to share his knowledge without restraint. I think we can all take that as an example in our own endeavours.

Ron
First Prev Page 2 of 3  Next Last

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login