CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

After upload file, rename it before download

Print topic Send  topic

flipandboef

Posted: 07/16/2008, 1:00 PM

ASP / MSAccess / CCS 3.1
----------

I have used the upload component to upload files. As you know it adds a date to the file.
Example: upload ABC.doc, becomes: xxxx.ABC.doc
I understand that this is to prevent having 2 files with the same name that might cause issues and that's fine, however...
I Like to add a link on another page, that you can click and download the file with it's original name.

Example: Upload ABC.doc --> [server] --> xxxx.ABC.com --> [download link] displays: ABC.doc and when downloading it, the file will be named ABC.doc

How can I accomplish this?

P.s.: I do not want to store the file as ABC.doc, but keep the original as xxxx.ABC.doc on the server.
View profile  Send private message
Chris__T

Posted: 07/16/2008, 1:23 PM

Quote flipandboef:
ASP / MSAccess / CCS 3.1
----------

I have used the upload component to upload files. As you know it adds a date to the file.
Example: upload ABC.doc, becomes: xxxx.ABC.doc
I understand that this is to prevent having 2 files with the same name that might cause issues and that's fine, however...
I Like to add a link on another page, that you can click and download the file with it's original name.

Example: Upload ABC.doc --> [server] --> xxxx.ABC.com --> [download link] displays: ABC.doc and when downloading it, the file will be named ABC.doc

How can I accomplish this?

P.s.: I do not want to store the file as ABC.doc, but keep the original as xxxx.ABC.doc on the server.

You can use part of the FileUPload example from the example packs and stick that code to display the actual screen name.

If you even look at the FileUpload Example, and add a file to their database (i think it takes .jpg) and it will display the actual name as a link, istead of the xxxxxabc.jpg

So basically you recreate the steps that you took in Part 1 of the FileUpload example, but skip the "attach relevant documents" stuff. It should then give you a list of files that are attached to a specific record that are links to the actual files, and the file names displayed are regular and not xxxx.abc.jpg

flipandboef

Posted: 07/16/2008, 1:41 PM

Thanks Chris,
Perhaps it's me (maybe deleted it?), but I cannot seem to find it in the example pack that comes with CCS 3.1
Chris__T

Posted: 07/16/2008, 2:53 PM

It's Example Pack 2. I think you have to download it off the site.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login