CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> Programming

display certain form fields based on criteria?

Print topic Send  topic

mike7418

Posted: 06/17/2008, 1:02 PM

I have a registration form that I want to hide 2 fields if there is something not available for that class. Hand coding this would be a matter of a couple of minutes on the form itself. But figuring out how to do it with CodeCharge is becoming a mess to figure out.

The idea is to hide 2 fields for meals and lodging if this is not available for the class. I have added a field to the class table that if unchecked means that meals and lodging are not available.

Hand coding this I would check to see if the field for availability is a 1 or a 0 on the class table.
Write an If statement around the 2 fields, if it is equals 1 then show the 2 fields.

I am not finding it to be that simple using CodeCharge. Has anyone done anything like this with CodeCharge?
View profile  Send private message
wkempees

Posted: 06/17/2008, 1:34 PM

Hide/Show Action on BeforeShow of the Form can handle this faster than you can handcode (joking).
If, your registration form already knows the 'class' record.
Meaning, you do not describe the registration form and the table it runs on.
You do not describe the initial state of that record form so it is a bit hard to write solution.

Walter

if you liked this info PAYPAL me: http://donate.consultair.eu
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login