CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Listbox And Creating a Session

Print topic Send  topic

Megan

Posted: 06/02/2008, 5:39 PM

I've been digging all day on this one, and I'm sure it's easier than I'm making it. :-/

I have a listbox that is pulling values from a SQL Server table (which is working fine). When the user selects an item in that listbox, I need a session created that saves the value selected of the bound column of that listbox. If anyone has been successful doing this I would really appreciate some sample code.
View profile  Send private message
wkempees

Posted: 06/02/2008, 6:15 PM

Megan,

When the user selects a value from the listbox is a client side operation (OnChange).
That would require JavaScript in the OnChange event.
However OnChange being clientside and sessionvars being serverside you may have A problem.

You could however (I am not ASP) assign the value of the bound column to a session var upon Submit, I Think.
There might be an Ajax solution to this, but I let others help you on that, as I am also handicaped on the ASP side.
Hint, update Panel.`

Walter

if you liked this info PAYPAL me: http://donate.consultair.eu
Megan

Posted: 06/05/2008, 2:57 PM

Thank you for your response. Based on my research, it sounds like I will have to create the session based on the OnChange event of the listbox. Because this is a client-side event and I'm trying to get the value of the item selected which is a server event (so to speak), the code will have to be written using HTML...somehow....to send it to the server. I'm wondering if anyone has done this and if so, how. Any ideas out there?

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login