CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Menu and Parameters

Print topic Send  topic

Megan

Posted: 05/14/2008, 8:38 AM

First off, I love the new new menu builder and it is working really well. My web application accesses a SQL 2005 database. The users will go to a screen which will list all of their records, click on a link to edit a particular record which uses GET. The parameter is in the URL as "RecordID=8" (for example). Now, if the user clicks on something on the menu while in that screen, the parameter is still in the URL. I need to remove that parameter whenever the user clicks on anything in the menu.

The only place it looks like I can do this is on the Remove Parameters property of the "ItemLink" of the menu. I've listed all of the parameters I want removed, but it's not doing it. I've looked at using the CCRemoveParam, but I'm not sure where to do that or how. Any help would be great.
View profile  Send private message
puddicombe

Posted: 05/21/2008, 8:42 AM

This post may help you (although it's PHP): http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=95162
Megan

Posted: 05/21/2008, 9:35 AM

I'm not very familiar with PHP and how to convert that to ASP. The help file with CodeCharge doesn't show that CCGetQueryString is available for ASP, though my common.asp file does have the CCGetQueryString function. Can anyone provide any guidance on how to remove the parameters when clicking on anything on the menu? Is there a {another} bug in the latest version where the parameters aren't being removed when I list the items I want removed in the RemoveParameters property of the ItemLink of the menu? How can I work around this possible bug? Does anyone have some sample ASP code to accomplish this?
Megan

Posted: 06/06/2008, 5:16 PM

Does anyone have anything on this? I've been building a few websites, all of which are using the menu builder. All of them are having this problem where the parameters aren't removed out of the url. If I configured the Remove Parameters property correctly on the ItemLink of the menu, shouldn't that work?
wkempees

Posted: 06/06/2008, 6:01 PM

The post that James point to contains (Tuong Do) example in ASP.
Is that not working 4U?

Walter

if you liked this info PAYPAL me: http://donate.consultair.eu
Megan

Posted: 06/06/2008, 6:22 PM

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately it's not working. I get the following error:

Variable is undefined: 'DataItem'

I'm not entirely sure what DataItem is supposed to refer to. I'm using ASP, not ASP.Net, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Are you suggesting I use the onclick event? I don't want to use pop-up windows either. I tried to convert the one response from PHP to ASP, and that didn't work too hot either (but it could be my coding skills....or lack thereof :) ). If I'm doing something wrong, I'm all ears.
wkempees

Posted: 06/07/2008, 3:07 AM

Post your 'trasnlation' here, let us all see.
No guarantees.

if you liked this info PAYPAL me: http://donate.consultair.eu
Megan

Posted: 06/09/2008, 9:35 PM

Here was my attempt at a translation from the PHP:

If Request.QueryString("RecordID") <> "" Then
Response.Redirect Request.ServerVariables("URL") & "?" & CCGetQueryString("QueryString", array("RecordID"))
End If

The fun part is that I will have to do one of these lines for every single possible parameter in my entire website for every page that uses parameters. I assume I would put this in the Before Show event of the page...? The above code is not working, and I'm sure it's me... Thanks again.

Megan

P.S. Is there a way to use CCRemoveParam?
duncan

Posted: 07/22/2008, 6:09 AM

I've tried several of these suggestions but I don't seem to be making any headway... does anyone have a working (simple) menu example using ASP?
Megan

Posted: 07/22/2008, 8:13 AM

Honestly - I've given up and switched to Dreamweaver.
csierra

Posted: 09/16/2008, 9:00 PM

In the IDE, you go to the treeview, then find your menu component, then expand it and youŽll find a link component within it, the set it properties to keep parameters=none

Posted: 09/17/2008, 9:27 AM

Tried that - didn't work.
AlDo

Posted: 10/03/2008, 2:19 AM

In ASP create a BeforeShowRow event in the Menu then in the code put:

' this in order to remove one parameter  
Menu1.ItemLink.Parameters = CCRemoveParam(Menu1.ItemLink.Parameters, "MyParam")   

' this in order to remove all parameters  
Menu1.ItemLink.Parameters = Empty  

' Use an if like this in order to remove params olny for a menu item  
If Menu1.Attributes("Title")="MyMenuTitle" then  
End If  

If the menu is in an includable page remember to add "MyIncludablePage." (without quotes) before the menu name.

Hope this helps.

aldo
DeanCovey

Posted: 11/02/2008, 9:14 AM

Quote Megan:
Honestly - I've given up and switched to Dreamweaver.

Been thinking the same thing since this ajax came on. Not real happy how this difficult some it is to implement. I am having problems with a horizonal menu working in IE7 but works fine in FireFox
peterr

Posted: 11/03/2008, 9:19 AM

The support has the fix for this.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login