CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Help/Consulting -> Help - Jobs Available

quick-fix on ccs3/php needed

Print topic Send  topic

frankthefixer

Posted: 04/22/2008, 6:56 AM

have a web site with mostly ccs3 and some straight php. was mostly done by former employee. employee gone and there is an error on one of the pages that i need resolved yesterday. the page is a form that allows clients to login and enter a "Pick-up request". they basically type in when/where they want a truck sent to pickup goods at their location. when they finish the form they hit submit- now two things are supposed to happen-
1st- emails are sent to certain employees in my company notifying them of the pickup request- that part works ok-
2nd- after the emails are sent the page is supposed to redirect them to another page that notifies them that they successfully filled out the form, etc- that is not happening, the re-direct is not happening- they are getting an error after filling out the form and hitting submit.
here's the error-
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: clsattributes in \mywebpath\RemovalCon.php on line 421

Line 421 reads- $Attributes = new clsAttributes("page:");
how much $ to fix this problem and how long will it take- thanks
View profile  Send private message
magus

Posted: 05/05/2008, 5:32 AM

Hello FrankTheFixer,

The problem is probably to do with the difference between versions of CCS. The Attributes feature was introduced in version 3.something and the common code has to be regenerated to include the Attributes classes. Assuming your former employee hasn't edited the Classes.php file directly, you can probably fix the problem by regenerating and publishing the whole project which will update all the common files.

If that doesn't work you should open the CCS project, open the page then switch to code view and look at the <pagename>.php file. Any blocks of code that have been modified will have a white background, not a grey background. CCS won't overwrite these blocks when it regenerates the project. If there are custom modifications to the generated code then you will have to make note of these, remove them, regenerate the code and apply the modifications again.

The same process is true of Classes.php and Common.php. You should check for modifications in these files.

It is a pretty easy fix.

Regards,
Don A
frankthefixer

Posted: 05/05/2008, 11:29 AM

thanks magus- this was done in so many pieces, and integrated with some straight php, that i don't doubt it needs a little cohesion- thanks i'll check it out and thanks eacosta for your PM
frankthefixer

Posted: 05/05/2008, 11:29 AM

thanks magus- this was done in so many pieces, and integrated with some straight php, that i don't doubt it needs a little cohesion- thanks i'll check it out and thanks eacosta for your PM

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login