CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Unable to establish connection to database. (0x80004005)

Print topic Send  topic

matthieu

Posted: 04/18/2008, 7:06 AM

Hi,

This time I'm trying to connect to an Access DB, using a connection string. I got everything right, configured my recordbuilder right, etc... but when I try to see the page live, it just doesn't connect to the BD but this error message instead:

Unable to establish connection to database.

* Error information:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file [...]. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

# Other possible cause of this problem:
The database cannot be opened, most likely due to incorrect connection settings or insufficient security set on your database folder or file.
For more details please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306518

Of course, the file isn't open, neither used by any other application (I restarted my computer to be 100% sure of that...). It seems that the file is in a folder with the read only propriety "squared-checked" in windows ! I've tried to uncheck it but eacch time it comes back "squared-checked" again !

It seems weird... how is it in your ends ? Any ideas ?

TIA.
View profile  Send private message
PetrP

Posted: 04/27/2008, 10:17 PM

First you will need to tell us what is the Operating System that you are using.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login