CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

CCS 4 in Vista Home Premium Problem

Print topic Send  topic

Sur62

Posted: 03/24/2008, 7:34 AM

Hi i have Vista Home Premium and tried installing CCS 4 updated to latest one and installed by selecting the Run as Administrator but still it doesnot work for me.

I also enabled all rights and shares for the folder where the database resides.

Unable to establish connection to database.
Error information:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Unspecified error
Other possible cause of this problem:
The database cannot be opened, most likely due to incorrect connection settings or insufficient security set on your database folder or file.

Can somebody help on this please...
View profile  Send private message
webdev

Posted: 03/29/2008, 3:16 AM

Is the database sitting somewhere in \users\yourlogin ?

If so, move files somewhere in c:\program files\yournewdirectory and then set permissions to be inherited from yournewdirectory. Put the databases in some subdirectory, say \dbs, and copy the database over (assuming access database). Right click on the database name and then make sure to allow "modify" for the appropriate user

In codecharge you need to create the connection string but in that setup (under vb.net) the connection string "wiazard" does not work when you build the string. The work around is to click build and then proceed as usual but before hitting the ok button, do a <ctrl><ins> to copy then hit the ok button. The connection string should now appear correctly.

If, after you build the project, you still find that it doesn't run, then in iis7 right click on the directory name and make it an application.

You then need to make sure authentication is set. Enable anonymous and forms.

Hope this helps a little.
Sur62

Posted: 04/17/2008, 11:33 PM

Hi

The codecharge studio 4 is not working in Vista home premium.Whenever i publish page i get an error message saying

Unable to establish connection to database.
Microsoft JET Database Engine(0x80004005)
Unspecified error
the database cannot be opened, most likely due to incorrect connection settings or insufficient security set on your database folder or file.

But i have enabled all rights to the folder, but still i have this problem.the Authentication builder login page also gives the same error.
When i was using Xp with codecharge studio 4 i had no problem.

Can somebody help on this please.Thanks
PetrP

Posted: 04/27/2008, 10:07 PM

From your description I would assume you used to have Win XP Pro.

Windows Vista Home Premium is essentially warmed-over Windows XP Home Edition. That means the IIS server, which you need to use with MS Jet DB Engine and MS AccessDB, is NOT included. As with XP, IIS is only available in the business-oriented Vista versions (i.e., Business or Ultimate).

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login