CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

Importing 'Common' Files?

Print topic Send  topic

Suntower

Posted: 01/17/2008, 12:00 PM

Is there a way to import files into the 'common' branch of the tree? (Or if not, is this something anyone has considered?)

I use several ASP files which are 'included' in all pages. I know I can perform most functions I need (publish, file find/replace, etc.) even though it's not in the tree, but it would be nice to see -all- my project's files in the tree.

I know it's not possible to import ASP files into the main branch, but perhaps an exception could be made for the common folder?

Or perhaps there could be a separate 'external links' branch?

Thanks,

---JC

Posted: 01/22/2008, 12:37 PM

Not sure if this is "quite" what you're after but...

All files in the directory of your project (.ccs file) are accessible in CodeCharge. In the Project Explorer, there are tabs at the bottom for Pages/Files. It is Pages (so, CodeCharge generate pages only) by default. If you switch to Files, you will see all files in the directory.

This might not be entirely the most useful thing in the main directory of the project(Because it shows you files you would NOT want to edit directly), but it is worth noting that you will also see any subdirectories to your project. So, you could create a subdirectory called "my_common_files", and you would see the directory in the Project Explorer. Expand that, flip to the Files tab, and you can open your files for editing. In effect, the files are now "included" in your project.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login