CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Problem with dates in Oracle

Print topic Send  topic

jpflana

Posted: 11/29/2007, 7:17 AM

I had a working system that allowed me to insert and update date fields in Oracle but I had problems searching by date for my report generation. I found a couple of threads on this topic in the forum and changed the NLS_DATE_FORMAT in the common file:

objConnection.Execute("ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'mm/dd/yyyy'")

Now my search works great but I can't insert dates into my Oracle DB. I'm using a datepicker with the format being mm/dd/yyyy in the text box.

Any ideas?

Jeremy F
View profile  Send private message
jpflana

Posted: 11/30/2007, 9:04 AM

RonB sent me a message which made me double-check that my text box was in the format 'mm/dd/yyyy'. It was but I went back through the ASP code to see how it was handled. I found one place where it was still the default yyyy-mm-dd. Changing the text box format to mm/dd/yyyy only changes it on the initialize event of the record but doesn't change the initialize event of the Datasource. You would think changing the format of the text box would change it everywhere, but it doesn't. You have to change that manually.

Hope this helps someone.

Jeremy F
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login