CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

Grid query doesn't match data source

Print topic Send  topic

cgosbee

Posted: 11/21/2007, 1:03 PM

I have a grid that was working fine. I just added three new columns to the grid, but the field data in those columns doesn't show up. (those columns, only, are all empty)

If I look at the Data Source for the grid, it is selecting * from two joined tables, which means - I believe - that the fields I need should be in the result set. (The "Show data" button shows them properly)

The SQL Query being run when that grid is populated, however (I am outputting to a debug log file at present) shows that the query it is running specifically lists each field for the grid (It doesn't not SELECT * as I would have expected), and does NOT include the new fields I have added. Where/how can I change the automatically generating grid query so it includes the fields I have added?

I'm sure I could regenerate the grid easily enough, but I am quite concerned that I will eventually encounter this issue on a grid that I have spent a good deal of time getting right, and would like to know how to deal with it without resorting to regenerating if possible. (I expect this should be easy, but can't seem to find a way to fix)
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login