CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Tips & Solutions

Google Mapping of Database Data - CodeChargeTools is tops!

Print topic Send  topic

jacem

Posted: 08/20/2007, 12:08 AM

Just a quick note to everyone - I purchased Codecharge Tools add on for CodeCharge Studio (3.2) and have used the google mapping tool for a client with terrific results. My client was blown away to see his customers pinpointed throughout the district.

It was literally a snap implement. The only trick was to add additional hard coded address data such as the country (in my case “Australia”) to the addresses submitted to Google Maps. Using the PHP concat function you are also able to make the description bubble (comes up when you click one of the pinpoint pins on the map) comprise a number of fields, making it very informative for the user.

It maps every record that is part of the 'cleared' search so on a large database table it might be slow to open the page as it puts all the pins for the entire table onto its google map. I simply added another search field to the table 'Where' as the page is opened from the mainmenu and included in the 'removed paramaters' line when the button for search is pressed. This simple stops all the addresses for the entire tabel from submitting to google maps slowing down the initial view of the page and sets it up ready for the user to do they first search.

No behind the scenes coding required at all! It operates quickly and works well with a search grid. I highly recommend this add on to CodeChargeStudio.

Cheers...
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login