CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Popup updates to a parent page

Print topic Send  topic

mas7357

Posted: 07/13/2007, 5:07 AM

:( This is a first time request to the java forum-please help a poor ASP novice......

I have a parent page with a record and grid. In the parent record form I have two textboxes- one that has an ID number in it and one that I need to have a description of the ID number (from a DB table). The record form has a link in it that fires of an on click event to bring up a pop-up page that allows the user to pick a suitable D number from a grid list (which also shows the description filed from the database. Basically I have copied the PopUplist example in the example pack..... From what I understand of the code when you click on the required ID number (which is a link) this fires off the following java code

function SetOpenerValue(currentObj)
{
var IE = (document.all) ? 1 : 0;
if(IE) {
var EmpName = currentObj.innerText;
} else {
var EmpName = currentObj.text;

}
window.opener.document.tblIndividualRaceResults.individual_Event_ID.value = EmpName;
window.opener.focus();
window.close();
}

That works well and I get the ID value back in the parent page. What I want to do is to send the value from the description field in the popup Grid that is on the same row as the ID number back to the parent page to populate the second text box in the parent field. I have no idea how this could be done or indeed if it is possible. Please help an ASP novice in distress

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login