CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

'The page cannot be found' Message

Print topic Send  topic

gibson149

Posted: 06/17/2007, 2:51 AM

Hi guys, I'm new to CodeCharge and I have been attempting some of the samples from the getting started PDFs. I have tried both hello world and the employee directory but I can't get either working. I have followed the steps exactly as they are given. I'm using Servlets 2.2 JDK 1.3 with Templates as my project language.

Whenever I click 'Live Page' it says it is publishing and then it displays a page saying 'The page cannot be found'. It is trying to open the following page for the hello world sample...

http://localhost/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.do

If I load the html page it just says {MyLabel}

Has anybody got any ideas about what is wrong?

Thanks for any help,
David
View profile  Send private message
negociant

Posted: 06/17/2007, 11:53 PM

Did you try adjust project settings?
e.g. target server, type of publishing (war/unpacked), for tomcat manager url and user/password, publishing path for other servers...

Show plz, your project settings.
fady005

Posted: 06/18/2007, 1:01 AM

Hello gibson,
Did you tried right clicking on the page you want to use in the project explorer bar and then select publish page...
Then you can go to the deploy folder of your server (the path you've specified in the project settings) and verify that the file "HelloWorld.war" really exist and that your page is in it (rename it to "HelloWorld.zip").
Then you try to open it in your browser.
Just one question : why your page have the extension ".do" ?

Posted: 06/18/2007, 7:55 AM

Thanks for replying!

I managed to get it working, I hadn't setup the publishing to tomcat correctly.

I'm not sure why the extension on the addresses is .do, that is what it is automatically using and it seems to be the extension that will display the page properly.

I'm now having another problem though. I am trying to connect to a database on an SQL Server but this is coming up:

HTTP Status 500 -   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

type Exception report  

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.  

exception   

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create connection 'Connection1' to the database.  
	com.codecharge.db.PoolJDBCConnection.getConnection(PoolJDBCConnection.java:23)  
	com.codecharge.db.JDBCConnection.<init>(JDBCConnection.java:99)  
	com.codecharge.db.PoolJDBCConnection.<init>(PoolJDBCConnection.java:15)  
	com.codecharge.db.JDBCConnectionFactory.getJDBCConnection(JDBCConnectionFactory.java:36)  
	com.codecharge.db.JDBCConnectionFactory.getJDBCConnection(JDBCConnectionFactory.java:27)  
	LOGIN_list.LOGINDataObject.load(LOGINDataObject.java:89)  
	LOGIN_list.LOGIN_listAction$LOGINClass.read(LOGIN_listAction.java:239)  
	LOGIN_list.LOGIN_listAction$LOGINClass.perform(LOGIN_listAction.java:194)  
	LOGIN_list.LOGIN_listAction.perform(LOGIN_listAction.java:55)  
	com.codecharge.ControllerServlet.service(ControllerServlet.java:94)  
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)  

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.23 logs.

Here are my connection properties:
Name: Connection1
Design Database Type: SQL Server
Connection Type: Connection String
Connection String: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=web1db;Data Source=BRANDT-6C8P3QYR
Login: sa
Password: (the password that is input is correct)
Server Database Type: SQL Server
Date Format: mm/dd/yyyy
Boolean Format: true;false
Catalog: (no value)
Scheme: (no value)
Views: Yes
Synonyms: Yes
System Tables: No
System Views: No
Aliases: No
Use LIMIT/TOP: Yes
Server Login: sa
Server Password: (the password that is input is correct)
JDBC Driver: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
Database URL: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=web1db
Max number connection to DB: 5
Timeout: 500

Have you any idea what is wrong? I have wrote a small application to ensure that it is possible to connect to the database and that's working.

When using eclipse I had to bring the jar files for the driver into my WEB-INF\lib folder, could this be the problem. If so then how do I bring them into CodeCharge, or is there a different driver to use?
vanastrios

Posted: 06/18/2007, 11:13 PM

If you need the jars to compile or publish you should add them as well to your project classpath, found in the project settings.

fady005

Posted: 06/19/2007, 4:03 AM

Try setting max number of connections to 0 and remove TimeOut...

Sorry but I don't have any file with .do extension... Did you create a new JSP project ?

Please configure publishing option or else he will never find the page... when you click on live page it does the same as I told in my previous message so if you didn't configure the path where to store your page he can't find it...

Posted: 06/19/2007, 4:52 AM

I have tried adding the jars to the class path, changing the max number of connections to 0 and removing the TimeOut and it is still coming up with the same message about not being able to connect.

I didn't create a new JSP project, I created a new servlet project. The .html page exists but it doesn't display the data. For example, with the hello world page, if I load the .html page it displays {MyLabel}, but if I load the .do page it displays Hello World, as it is supposed to. I have the following files in the folder when it is published:

Web-inf folder
HelloWorld.html
Functions.js
DatePicker.js
DatePicker.html
CCSDefault.jsp

I can't see a .do file anywhere, but that is the extension I have to use for the page to load as expected.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login