CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Using Infrigistics NetAdvantage for ASP.NET in CCS

Print topic Send  topic

ctpalapala

Posted: 05/11/2007, 12:39 AM

Do any one know how NetAdvantage for ASP.NET components can be used in Codecharge studio?
View profile  Send private message
JimmyCrackedCorn

Posted: 05/12/2007, 3:20 PM

I also own the Infragistics NetAdvantage components and would love to hear about anyone who has figured out how to use them with CCS!!!

Posted: 05/17/2007, 7:13 PM

Probably the single biggest reason I use Code Charge is to get away from garbage like Infragistics. Sure, the components look cool and have a lot of groovy features. If you are building a workgroup app then perhaps they will work. If you are building an enterprise app that is mission critical the Infragistics stuff is nothing but a time-consuming toy. You will spend countless hours screwing with Javascript files and other cross browser anomolies. Look at it this way - Google uses straight HTML and is the most popular and smooth UI's on the internet. They do this without a bunch of browser tricks.

Seriously, I have a lot of experience in this area. Keep the UI simple. Your users will thank you for it. I'm a long time user of Infragistics and am keenly aware of all of it's good points and bad points. There are far more downside than upside in using all of the fat browser based tools. Stick with CodeCharge, work in HTML, limit the use of browser side fat, and make your life and your users life easier.

Good Luck.
View profile  Send private message
JimmyCrackedCorn

Posted: 05/25/2007, 4:37 AM

I recall the same arguments against tools like Visual Basic from the C crowd! and of course the assembly wizards thought the C folks were wimps too.

using tools or components always forces tradeoffs. any time you are using a multi-purpose tool, like CCS OR Infragistics, you will be delivering more fat than if you hand-coded everything. I am really enjoying CCS but I can say for certain the pages it produces are bigger (and slower) than similar pages I have hand-coded. same thing goes for Infragistics.

but am I going to give up either of these tools? nope! I'll use them both where it makes sense and if I run into a bottleneck I'll drop back and do some hand-coding to get around it!

just my 2 cents 8-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login