CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Problem with Context

Print topic Send  topic

mwarner

Posted: 11/25/2006, 10:27 AM

I just started using Code Charge this weekend and I was able to successfully get a JSP type project up and running on Tomcat 4 with MySQL. However, I was using an ODBC driver to make the connection to the database.

Now I have uploaded the project to my remote system which is Linux. So I had to setup my JNDI but my remote server says it cannot find a jdbc name bound in this context. I get a NameNotFoundException.

The application is deployed upon server startup with its context as /JSPProject. Is there anyway to print out the context from within the JSP code? I did try:

CCLogger.getInstance().debug("***** context is " + ContextStorage.getContext());

this returned: ***** context is org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade@1320a41

Any ideas??
View profile  Send private message
mwarner

Posted: 11/25/2006, 2:41 PM

Well, I resolved/went around my problem by using the database URL instead of the JNDI. Not sure what the problem is because I do have another JNDI setup on the remote server which works correctly. :-/
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login