CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> Programming

Online Bookstore - Please help / assist me

Print topic Send  topic

webevaluator

Posted: 10/18/2006, 3:40 PM

Hi Folks,

I've downloaded Online Bookstore Application (JSP with templates) from gotocode.com(http://gotocode.com/apps.asp?app_id=3&). As mentioned in the Readme-JSP.txt file (which is in the zip file), I am trying to configure my ODBC connection. But, i guess, i made some mistake somewhere. The application is not working properly.

Whenever, i try to add books to the shopping cart, (by clicking 'Add to Shopping Cart' button), I am getting a page cannot be displayed message after which i am not even able to browse through other pages. I've to stop the tomcat server and restart it again to view the pages. But, after that page can't be displayed message and restart of the Tomcat server (Version 5.5.9), the book would be available in the shopping cart. (So, it looks like, it is adding to the shopping cart(database), but showing an error message).

Also, if i try to edit the Member information (Administration --> Members --> [Click on the Member Name] --> [You would be taken to the Member Infomation page] -- again click, the member name --> Now, if you click 'Cancel' or 'Update' , you are getting 'the page cannot be displayed error message'.

Please help me in fixing this problem, since i'm depending a lot on this web application. It means a lot to me.

Some of my other questions are...

1. Should i create a ODBC connection in 'User DSN' or 'System DSN' tab ?
2. I could see couple of driver names. One is 'Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb) and the other one is 'Microsoft Access driver (*.mdb)'. Which is the driver i should use?

Please let me know if I'm missing some procedure. I've to get this project up and running. Any help is greatly appreciated from the bottom of my heart. Sorry for making a larger post.

Thanks,
Web Evaluator
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login