CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> Programming

Getting old CodeCharge 2.0 to work with PHP 5

Print topic Send  topic

kellydcarter

Posted: 01/26/2006, 4:00 PM

Has anyone tried this? It isn't working for me, and I suspect it's due to the changes from PHP4 to PHP 5. I'm hoping there's a simple fix and I don't have to hand-edit all the PHP files. I don't want to upgrade to CodeCharge Studio.
View profile  Send private message
mamboBROWN

Posted: 01/26/2006, 10:07 PM

kellydcarter
I would contact support and see if they have an answer for you. Also, have you tried searching the forums??
Kelly Carter
Posted: 01/27/2006, 5:57 AM

Yes, I checked the forums and didn't find anything. CodeCharge 2.0 is so old it really needs upgrading--I just can't justify the expense for one little project I'm trying to complete. If I were the support person, I'd just recommend an upgrade. But I'll take your advice and try anyway. You never know if you don't ask, right? Thanks for your help.
mamboBROWN

Posted: 01/27/2006, 11:41 AM

Kelly Carter
Try this link: http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=57714
kellydcarter

Posted: 01/27/2006, 11:49 AM

I've decided to tinker with the code myself. It seems that much of the code in common.php (generated by CodeCharge) uses deprecated functions to access predefined global variables. PHP5 has some significant changes with respect to global variables. I have been too lazy to get smart on that, so now is probably a good time to learn more. I'm making progress but haven't got it all fixed yet. Thanks for the link to threads on PHP5. Not sure how I missed that. I haven't been on this forum much at all before.
kellydcarter

Posted: 01/27/2006, 3:18 PM

I have completely fixed my problems. Only the common.php file needed to be changed to not use HTTP_POST_VARS, HTTP_GET_VARS, and session_register kinds of functions, but instead to use PHP5's _SESSION, _POST, _VAR, etc. Of course, every time I regenerate my PHP code, I'll have to overwrite common.php with my fixed version. So what? All the fixes being isolated to a single file is a testimony to the incredibly elegant design of CodeCharge (and we're talking an OLD version--it has been great from the start).

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login