CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

window.location.href with onload to the same page

Print topic Send  topic

robn

Posted: 01/06/2006, 9:21 AM

Hello

Right I have an interesting problem (well at least I think it is), currently I have a document that has popups associated with it. When data is saved in one of these popup it closes and refreshes the main window (so the main screens data is updated).

The problem I have is certain list boxes (on the main form) use URL parameters to set the filtered list. Changing data in the popup window may change the value of one of the listboxes, but when the page is reloaded the URL parameter in the address bar does not update, so the list box filters are incorrect.

To try and get round this problem by adding an onload event event that refresh the URL parameters with the current parameters. It appears to pull in the refreshed parameters but the page just loops. Is there a way to force the page to just refresh once in the onload event?

My code looks something like this

window.onload = function() {  
window.location.href = "Callf3.asp?logno=" + tblQualcall.Logno.value + "&s_Category=" + tblQualcall.Catlink.value;  
}

Any help would be great

thanks in advance

Rob
View profile  Send private message
matheus

Posted: 01/17/2006, 5:39 AM

This was going to be loop every time.

You must do some variable that can make a difference from "pop-up refresh", and your redirect after this.

Dynamix Software Ltda.
Blumenau SC Brasil
www.dynamix.com.br
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login