CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Checkbox List, check multiple checkboxes from a record

Print topic Send  topic

Tom
Posted: 01/05/2006, 8:32 AM

I'm going to break down my problem in a simple example.
I have 3 mysql tables.

[users]
usr_id
usr_name

[flavors]
flav_id
flav_name

[users_flavors_entities]
ufe_id
usr_id
flav_id

The users table is a list of people, id's and names, the flavors table is a list of flavors, lets say "chocolate", "vanilla", "orange", etc. The last table is an entities table for linking users with multiple flavors. As I understand it, this is the correct database design for doing such a thing, rather than having a field in users that has some method of holding mulitiple values via a delimiter.

So, I've been able to create a record insert/add page, that has a checkbox list, and an after insert method that does the query for inserting the correct values into the entity table, so that a user may have 0 or more flavors associated with them.

Now, I'm trying to create the edit page, and I have my flavors checkbox list, but I can't find any way to code which checkboxes in the checkbox list should be enabled/checked.

I think I could do custom code on the checkbox list control, but I don't know how to reference the {Check} value that is in the html.

thanks
--Tom
Tom
Posted: 01/05/2006, 3:13 PM

Nevermind. This is almost the exact same thing that is already shown in the CCS Example Pack, Many to Many relations via checkbox list example.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login