CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Httpclient upload:Status success but the file is 0 KB?

Print topic Send  topic

ShaSha

Posted: 11/11/2005, 12:21 AM

Hi, I am trying to upload XML files via HTTP to an HTTP server from java client instead of browser. On the HTTP server side, there is a Perl script that will be receiving the incoming file and files it into the designated folders in the server.When I run the Java client, I get the response Status = 200 and also uploaded replies from the Perl script but when I checked in the folder, the XML file is 0 KB. I am not sure what went wrong. Spending a few days now looking into it but no luck.Please help shed some light. Below are the some of the codes and responses:

public class UploadXMLFile {

String sXMLFilename = "c:\\Test.xml";

PostMethod filePost1 = new PostMethod("http://000.000.000.000/cgi-bin/upload.pl");

File targetFile = new File(sXMLFilename);

Part[] parts1 = { new StringPart("filenm", sXMLFilename), new FilePart(targetFile.getName(), targetFile) };

filePost1.setRequestEntity (new MultipartRequestEntity(parts1, filePost1.getParams()));
HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
client.getHttpConnectionManager().getParams().setConnectionTimeout(5000);
int status = client.executeMethod(filePost1);
System.out.println("Status = " + status);

if (status == HttpStatus.SC_OK)
{
System.out.println("Upload complete, response =" + filePost1.getResponseBodyAsString());
}
else
{
System.out.println("Upload failed, response =" + HttpStatus.getStatusText(status));
}

filePost1.releaseConnection();

}

The perl program accepts "filenm" as a parameter when uploading the file. The response that I get is:
Status = 200
Upload complete, response =
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Thanks!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>Thank you. We have received your file! Test.xml </P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

I tried upload from browser, no problem. But I cant get it work from the Java client. Hope someone can help me on this. Thanks in advance.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login