CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Integrate with Dreamweaver

Print topic Send  topic

germanuk
Posted: 01/31/2002, 4:50 PM

I have created a simple search form based on Access97.
Codecharge did the hard work for me in coding it all to perform a simple search, and develop the HTMl template as well.

Great stuff!

But now I wish to integrate the form and search results into a web page, that uses a Dreamweaver library file for the top graphics bar and the site menu on the left.
But when I attach the library files to the Codecharge HTM file, the search/results form ends up at the bottom of the page layout where the library file ends.
(Do I make myself clear...???)

I have tried to create a layer and insert the Codecharge code into that, but to no avail. I either end up with the code no longer working or not loading properly.

How did everyone else overcome this? BTW I do not use frames on the web page.

Anyone who may be able to shed some light on this?

Thank you very much.
Nicole
Posted: 02/01/2002, 12:55 AM

Hello,
I can say if you use template pattern all html code is moved in separate .html file, then it can be freely edited in any editor (and Dreamweaver as well) the way you need. But keep in mind two limitations: do not change {variables_in_braces} (later they will be substituted with values from database by scripts) and <!--html comments--> , these are used by script to distinguish between forms.
germanuk
Posted: 02/01/2002, 4:32 AM

Dear Nicole,

thanks for the tip.
i shall have another go, as i believe that i may have deleted some of those braces you've mentioned.

cheers.
Dean
Posted: 02/01/2002, 11:51 AM

Germanuk,

There are lots of ways of doing this..

1. Build your desired layout in DW. Save that page as a template. Now create a new page in DW using that template. In the body area of the DW page i.e. where you want the CodeCharge output to be displayed, use;

<!-- #include file="codeChargeFile.asp"-->

This will place the CodeCharge generated page in your Dreamweaver page. It's a bit clunky but it works. The additional advantage is that if you update the DW template, DW will automatically update all pages using that template.

2. Seperate your page into a header and footer files. In CC, use the #include directive to include these files in the CC header and footer sections for your page.

3. Put the appropriate HTML code for your logos etc into the CC headers and footers.

--
Dean
GermanUk
Posted: 02/02/2002, 3:38 PM

Dear Dean,

Thanks for the tip. This was what I had though off but was unsure of how to do it, as the whole site is built around the page templates you've mentioned.
I shall have a go on that, and the way you described it sounds just like the answer I needed.
Thanks a million.
Gaetano
Posted: 02/06/2002, 11:16 PM

Dean,

I've tried do build a page in dreamweaver and to include a page generated with CodeCharge doing
<? include "mypage.php" ?>

The page give the error
Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent

This is why the common.php, generated from CodeCharge, use an istruction header(...) that need to be the first data sent to the browser. When the header(...) see that other chars are sent(are the data of the page built with DW that include the generated code), it shows the error message.

Any idea to solve easily this class of problems?

Thanks
Gaetano

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login