CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Trying to get pages to work in the Events Tutoial

Print topic Send  topic

Ash57
Posted: 01/31/2002, 2:35 PM

I am getting a problem when I try to display a page that is an .asp extension with IIS 5.0.

I am currently working on the events tutorial and finished creating the "Login" page. Following the instructions to the letter. When trying to view the page it gives me an error (head to the page to see it: http://129.186.195.154/events/Login.asp). I am getting an error in the Common.asp file line 25. Here is what that part of the code says:

cn.open strConn, strLogin, strPassword

I have made sure to add "Login.asp" to the Documents of the defualt web site properties and it still did not work. Did I miss something some where?

Slowly learing.. Thanks.

Ash
CodeStarter
Posted: 01/31/2002, 3:05 PM

I have the same problem.

Looks like CodeCharge design screen is unable to hold state in Security tab and generate the right database access code for Members table.

It tries to execute a select using some non-existent 'undefined' column name.

Any help would be nice.

Nicole
Posted: 02/01/2002, 12:35 AM

Hello,
looks like you both have incorrect connection string. As you use ASP (and I suppose Access db) try to use JET connection for design time and let CC generate connection string automatically for server part.
Some details.
Design time connection:
on Site->Properties->Database tab->Design select 'Type': Custom and click yellow icon to go to Data Link Properties window. On Providers tab select 'Microsoft JET4.0 OLE DB Provider', on Connection tab select db you use. Click 'Test Connection' to verify connection and while it is ok, click 'OK' to return to Database tab.

Server part. Select
'Connection String Type': Create Automatically
Select 'Copy the database' checkbox
Select MSAccess version
and select 'Local Database Path'

Then regenerate the site and try to open any page again.
Ash57
Posted: 02/04/2002, 12:12 PM

Thanks.. That worked
Ash57
Posted: 02/04/2002, 12:14 PM

Well Got another problem.

Same events tutorial going on to create the default.asp page. I get trough it ok up the time to generate the pages at 3.3.3 "Previewing the Search Form".

When I generate the page, I get the following errors:

Page: Default

Form: Search

Field: location_id
Attribute: LookupTable or LookupSQL - Attribute is required.
Attribute: LookupIDField - Attribute is required.
Attribute: LookupName - Attribute is required.

If you hit ignore and try to view the pages it does not work as well. http://129.186.195.154/events/default.asp . "Page cannot be displayed".
Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)
Object required: 'rslocation_id'
/events/default.asp, line 128

Any thoughts..?
Ash
Posted: 02/04/2002, 12:32 PM

Well I deleted and re did that section of the tutorial and got it to work.

Ill keep you posted on other issues..

Thanks.
Nicole
Posted: 02/05/2002, 2:35 AM

Ash,
the errors you got mean that you haven't set up settings for ListBox field, i.e. you haven't neither selected table, primary_key_field, showing_field, nor entered custom sql, nor specified custom list of values.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login