CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Session problem with tomcat 5.0.30

Print topic Send  topic

stanley
Posted: 10/14/2005, 4:32 AM

I have two jsp and one servlet. First jsp gets the user id and password and its goes to the servlet for authentication validation. After validation its redirected to another jsp page.
During this I have set a session variable in the servlet and shown it in the redirected jsp page. Its works fine in my local machine but not in client server. The session variable set in the servlet is not getting carried to the jsp page its shows null value. I have using response.sendRedirect () for redirect jsp from servlet.

Please help me.:-<

Thanks in advance,
Stanley.

Josh
Posted: 10/14/2005, 4:51 AM

This sounds like a load balanceing issue , read up on that and look into using session cookies to store the information that way the page can be served from multiple servers without worry and without having the admin set the servers up to handle sessions across the load balancer.
stanley
Posted: 10/18/2005, 12:00 AM

Thanks for your response.

If this could be related to clustering?

I have made my code as load balanced.

I am still unable to fix the problem.

Further input would be greatly appreciated.

Stanley.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login