CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

2 column menu, not from DB

Print topic Send  topic

Andrew B
Posted: 01/23/2002, 9:08 PM

I need to make a simple 2 column menu, one with the captions and one with the data. I will be pulling the data from a SP, so I don't want it to fill in *anything* for me. When I make a standard menu, I can put in the captions just fun. When I go to put in a 'default value' however, that overwrites the value in the captions, instead of going in another column.

Is there any way to do this? On this site there will be quite a few places (12 at last count) where I will need to do this.

Right now it seems codecharge is to rigidly tied to the DB to allow me this kind of flexibility. For instance, a record form that did not pull from a DB would be PERFECT. Captions, set fldName = myValue, and I'm done. However, It won't allow that. :P
Nicole
Posted: 01/24/2002, 1:38 AM

Andrew,
CC menu form is aimed to show simple url links only. The workaround is to use Record form instead menu. Don't select table for it and add as many fields as you want. Also disable all actions on form/properties/common tab.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login