CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Form Grid that pulls info from 2 tables. Help Plea

Print topic Send  topic

spaceclown
Posted: 01/22/2002, 1:43 PM

I have 2 tables, 1 is named "Player" and the second is "Price". Users fills out a form and one selection is "Birthyear". After submitting the form it is page linked to grid with all values showing as labels. The field "price is Blank". Depending on the birthyear is the price that shows. Players born after 1995 cost 65.00, players before are 35.00. I figure its an SQL statement that needs to be made but I am not to SQL savvy.

Price table is set as follows
ITEM_ID YEAR PRICE
Nicole
Posted: 01/23/2002, 3:10 AM

Hello,
I suppose you should have any field in both tables you can join tables on. E.g. table price includes fields: price_id, price_value. The players table should contain field, e.g. price_id as well. In this case only you can join the tables. If you do so you even don't need to create custom sql. Just use join functionality for Label fields on the Grid form.
Spaceclown
Posted: 01/23/2002, 8:26 AM

No matter how I do it I can not join 2 tables, always get "type mismatch errors" in the browser. Here's the skinny.

Player table contains the following Name, City, Sex, Year (birthyear),price_id, and item_id which auto increments.

Price table contains the following Price_ID (auto increment), item-id, year, price

Values is the price table are Price_id=1, Year=1989, Price=35.00, Item_ID is blank and the second line is Price_ID=2, Year=1990, Price=65.00

Basically I have a form that is filled out (record page), they fill out Name, city, sex, year but not price, then submit which brings them to a grid page displaying the entered info plus the price based on the year born.

On the form I use the Price table to populate the list box.

The overall thing that I am doing is adding that value to a storefront much like the bookstore example.

<strong>Well I am lost and in a time crunch any ideas</strong>
Nicole
Posted: 01/24/2002, 1:23 AM

When do you get type mismatch error?
May be it make sense to contact CC support about this problem.
Franky Gonzalez
Posted: 01/24/2002, 10:41 AM

Try this:
Create a view with all that fields you need (into database)

Then use codecharge to create the page using that view.

I had same problem and it was the solution.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login