CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> General/Other

Search between dates in asp

Print topic Send  topic

knick1
Posted: 07/19/2005, 4:57 AM

I created a search form and a grid form for the results display. I need to add a search criteria date from - date to. Meaning two dates start date and end date. Does any one know how to do this in Code Charge 2.0. I am using asp and access database.

Appreciate help

tks
Nicole

Posted: 07/19/2005, 5:25 AM

Hello,
The set up for Input parameters of Date type is usual, there’s nothing special that worth attention. But to make search on dates work properly the date should be passed to a database in the format in which it is stored in a database.
E.g. if search date parameter is
27/03/2005 and database accepts dates in yyyy-mm-dd format the search does not return a valid result. The date should be converted to database date format (yyyy-mm-dd in this sample) before.
This article describes how to format dates in CC projects
http://www.gotocode.com/art.asp?art_id=132&
Hope it helps.

Juan
Posted: 07/19/2005, 9:46 AM

Knick1,

Send me your email address and I'll send you a .ccs that I put together using CC 2.0, Access and ASP.

It has an example of a calendar that is searchable between a starting and ending date.

Juan
jg1130@yahoo.com

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login