CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

JDBC Connection to MS SQL with Windows Authentication

Print topic Send  topic

Irfan Khan
Posted: 06/30/2005, 10:01 AM

Environment -

I am using Tomcat as my servlet engine and IIS as the Server. Additionally, I am using MS SQL 2000 as my DB. The DB resides on a seperate machine, and have created an ODBC JDBC connection on the local machine to access it. Additionally, the authentication for the DB is set to "Windows Authentication".

Problem -

Everything works fine if I simply run tomcat and access the databse. Also, things run fine when I run tomcat via IIS too. However, when I try accessing the database, I get the error

Login failed for user '<username>'

Now, the funny part is, this username is actually the username of the local machine on which the application has been placed. It is not the username that I am providing in

con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:DBName","username","password");

Can someone please help me figure it out?? Why is it working when I run the tomcat (Apache) and run the application from there, but ones I run it via IIS, it fails. Also, why is it taking the username from the local machine and not the one that I am providing out there?

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login