CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> Programming

How to upload files from diferent locations on the server ?

Print topic Send  topic

Jaro IC
Posted: 06/08/2005, 10:04 AM

I have a problem how to upload and delete files from a diferent dirctory on the server. Im using file uploader form from CCS and setting a file folder in a runtime but my trouble is that when I want to delete file it gives me an error in the uploader form.

Error message is : "the file wasn't in its location"

what is strange that the file is beeing physicly deleted from the server folder and also the information about it from the database. Im using to set file folder:

$path = "../user_docs/FOLDER".$db->f("user_folder")."/"."CASE".$db->f("case_number")."/";
$documents1->Uploader->FileFolder = $path;

This error's occurs when required field in the uploader form is set to yes. What can I do about it ?

Pls help...

Best regards...
Nicole

Posted: 06/09/2005, 3:06 AM

Jaro,
If you set upload folder in run-time before uploading file it happens that it is different from path specified in File Folder property. So when form is loaded File Folder path is used, but file is missing on that location.
You can try to modify File Folder in page After Initialize event so it points to valid file location.

Jaro IC
Posted: 06/09/2005, 5:14 AM

Damn !!! You are right !
Thx a lot !

Best regards
Jaro IC
Posted: 06/09/2005, 7:12 AM

Hi again !

I put the path code to the After Initialize and it worked, but now I have the same problem with the update.

:(

Pls help again.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login