CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

LastID Lookup

Print topic Send  topic

ekendricks

Posted: 06/05/2005, 10:21 AM

Can someone tell me why this isn't working ?

using MS Access 2k - CCS2.3.2.24 ASP

I have a table "Procedure" with fields "ProcedureID" and "UpdatedBy". I have a page that lists procedures, with an "Add" link. I click on the "Add" link that passes the PatientID to the "Add Procedure" page. On that page I need to insert a new procedure recording the PatientID - UpdatedBy - DateAdded, and pass PatientID and the newly inserted record Id to the next page. When I click submit..... the new record IS added, I'm taken to the next page, but the "ProcedureID= " is blank.

Here is the code I'm using:

Dim LastID

If IsEmpty(Request.QueryString("ProcedureID")) Then
LastID = CCDLookup("max(Procedureid)","Procedure","UpdatedBy="&DBMed.ToSQL(Request.Form("UpdatedBy"),"CCInteger"),DBMed)
If InStr(Redirect,"?") = 0 Then
Redirect = Redirect & "?Procedureid=" & LastID
ElseIf Right(Redirect, 1) = "?" Then
Redirect = Redirect & "ProcedureID=" & LastID
Else
Redirect = Redirect & "&ProcedureID=" & LastID
End If
End IF

Thanks for any assistance.

Ernest
View profile  Send private message
ryan

Posted: 06/05/2005, 4:33 PM

can you pass the PatientID value to your add link ?

something like <a title="patient" href="thepage.asp?PatientID={PatientID}">Add</a>

Ernest
Posted: 06/05/2005, 5:56 PM

I have narrowed down the problem and had to make alterations to the string. Had to enclose the table name "procedure" with brackets "[Procedure]". That still would return an empty string. I altered the CCDLookup as follows: Leaving out the DBMed.ToSQL and "CCInteger" gives me what I want. Am I looking at diaster down the road with those items left out of the string?

Works:
LastID = CCDLookup("max(ProcedureID)","[Procedure]","PatientID="&(Request.Form("PatientID")),DBMed)

Doesn't Work:
LastID = CCDLookup("max(ProcedureID)","[Procedure]","PatientID="&DBMed.ToSQL(Request.Form("PatientID"),"CCInteger"),DBMed)

Thanks
peterr

Posted: 06/05/2005, 6:22 PM

I think that this should work:
LastID = CCDLookup("max(ProcedureID)","[Procedure]","PatientID="&DBMed.ToSQL(Request.Form("PatientID"),ccsInteger),DBMed)

Your code is OK but there is a small potential security risk when someone submits "PatientID" value that includes some special characters like quote or apostrophe, which could result in an SQL error or even security breach.
Ernest
Posted: 06/07/2005, 11:52 AM

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login