CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Replacemnt textarea and security level tabes

Print topic Send  topic

Cass

Posted: 03/18/2005, 4:14 PM

Hi there again,

Just thought I would keep adding to the wish list... If anyone else agrees with things seen on this forum, we need to let YesSoftware know we agree, so they have some idea how many users might also find such requested features useful... So, keep posting everyone, as this is how we can guide the development of the software...

Anyway, heres a few more of mine...

1) Component: Replacement for textarea, something like htmlArea or FKeditor. They are available for anyone to add right now of course, but built in might save some time for developers.

2) Security: It would be good if the group level names and levels could be pulled from a database table instead of specified at development time. This would help with deployment of CMS type apps that require additional user-levels to be added at run-time.

3) Components: It would be great if there were some kind of wizrds or built-in components that did all of those great things outlined in the CCS Examples Packs 1 and 2...

All the above to help give us better R.A.D... :-)

Just adding them as I think of them... hope it helps.

Cheers,
Cass.
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 03/18/2005, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the ideas Cass.
I only woud like to comment on your #2 because I remember the reasoning for the current implementation. Pulling the groups from the database would actually be an easier route for us, however we specifically determined that we cannot implement this method for the exact reason that you mentioned - not all groups may exist in the database during the application design. In fact, we have to provide an ability to design Web applications even if there is absolutely no data in the database and no users or groups exist in the database. Those groups can be created in the future as you mentioned in your CMS examples. Therefore we had to chose the route where the database design, not the data, drives the application design. Currently you can simply assume that your users in the future may create any group levels, while you'd need to assign for example group level 100 to a page and instruct your users that thay can create any groups that they like and all group levels higher than 100 can access that page. Thus no changes will be needed in the system even if your CMS users will create new group levels in the future: 101, 102, 103, etc.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login