CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Tips & Solutions

Editable Grid with auto rows unclear instructions

Print topic Send  topic

MrLemoan

Posted: 11/03/2004, 4:44 PM

The instructions for the "editable grid with new rows added automatically" say in step 5 of "Steps to recreate" - to place the cursor (you are already in HTML mode from step 4) ... and add a label control."

I tried over and over to do it by typing in the html (i.e. - {blablabla}) . It doesn't work.
What is meant by the instructions is to put the cursor between the quote marks, then, in the tool box on the forms tab click on the label control button. All you have to do is name it what you want.

I wasted WEEKS trying to make the editable grid work
:)
Bob Lemmon
View profile  Send private message
aakici

Posted: 12/11/2004, 10:47 AM

Unfortunately, examples comes with CCS are not clear. You must search and find correct way by yourself.

Solution to your problem is : click html below the screeen. find the place CCS says. In forms click A (label). then right click on the label you created. click rename label. then write new name. if you rename label by yourself writing directly in HTML mode this wil cause anormal and not working code.
mrachow

Posted: 12/12/2004, 12:33 AM

MrLemoan
I agree with aakici in that the description of that example isn't quite clear where you have to place the cursor when doing things. Some of us here at the forum (including me) had struggled with that description.

The renaming of a control works using the properties only because the name of a property is used in more than one place in generated code.
As a rule of thumb for HTML mode don't change or remove what is generated. But you may place additional stuff as much as you like scattered through the generated code.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login