CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Cannot compile Java code.

Print topic Send  topic

Damien
Posted: 10/10/2004, 11:17 AM

Hi All,

I have just wasted hours upon hours trying to get JSP to work. I have used Codecharge before with Perl under LInux, but no luck this time. All of the following is running under Win2K.

I am using:

Ant 1.6.2
Tomcat 5.0
JDK 1.4
Codecharge Studio 2.3

I have added (within Codecharge) the following to the classpath:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\common\lib\servlet-api.jar;
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\common\lib\jsp-api.jar;
C:\mysql\jdbc\mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga\mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga-bin.jar

Ant calls javac without a problem, then I get output similar to the following:

[mkdir] Created dir: C:\DOCUME~1\...\CCSBuild\app\WEB-INF\classes
[javac] Compiling 205 source files to C:\DOCUME~1\...\CCSBuild\app\WEB-INF\classes
[javac] C:\DOCUME~1\...\CCSBuild\src\com\codecharge\validation\ErrorCollection.java:13: reference to Formatter is ambiguous, both class com.codecharge.util.Formatter in com.codecharge.util and class java.util.Formatter in java.util match
[javac] protected Formatter addingFormatter;
[javac] ^
[javac] C:\DOCUME~1\...\CCSBuild\src\com\codecharge\validation\ErrorCollection.java:16: reference to Formatter is ambiguous, both class com.codecharge.util.Formatter in com.codecharge.util and class java.util.Formatter in java.util match
[javac] protected Formatter showingFormatter;
[javac] ^

The PDF file for deploying Java apps (available from the support page) is vague at best. For example it says:

"JSP
Class Path should contain:
• Servlet 2.2 API library
• JAXP 1.1 library
• SAX 2.0 parser (such as crimson or xerces)
• JDBC 2.0 extensions library if you use Data Sources
• Jakarta ORO if you use regexp for validations"

So what combination of Jar files or directories is that? Also in that PDF it says:

"Check that the DB drivers are in the class path of your server. Choose from one of the following scenarios..."

Do I have to touch Tomcat at all? I was under the impression that the webapp is configured by Tomcat by it reading XML files produced by codecharge. The PDF file doesn't seem to mention (at least to my eye) any additional information on whether this is necessary.

In short, has ANYONE manmaged to get CodeCharge Studio to work with Tomcat 5.0? It shouldn't be so hard - Perl seems much less of a hassle ;) What am I missing?!

Damien.
peterr

Posted: 10/11/2004, 3:06 AM

I can only answer your last question: yes, many users have managed to CodeCharge Studio to work with Tomcat 5.0. Possibly some weren't.
You can contact our support if you need additional help.
Thanks.
View profile  Send private message
ignat

Posted: 10/14/2004, 5:50 AM

Damien,

J2SE 5.0 is not supported by CCS yet.

Regards,
Ignat.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login