CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

form mailers and CCS

Print topic Send  topic

NickM

Posted: 06/23/2004, 7:38 AM

There are heaps of effective form mailers out there written in PHP (they email form responses to specific addresses and show a "thanks" page ).
How can one of these form mailers be used to send form info from a form created in CCS?
At the moment I'm not interested in updating a dbase or any of those other great things that CCS can do. I just want to get the form info emailed to me, and a "thanks" page to show.
I will use CCS to create the form from a dbase.
View profile  Send private message
Aaron

Posted: 06/24/2004, 11:38 AM

This is weird. I keep coming up with the same problems that someone else is trying to figure out, around the same time.

I'm also trying this and have gotten a ways down the line, but not quite got it working yet. I'm using a db to allow the user to choose items they would like mailed. I'm using the database so I can easily update and/or modify the list.
I'm also using a checkbox_list form. I've removed all the buttons except 'Submit' and have added an 'onClickEvent' of 'Send E-mail'. I've also filled out all sections of the properties, changing the Message Body to the name of the list box (with hopes that doing so will have it send what has been checked).

I'm getting a parse error :

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/ddcontact/ship_events.php  
 on line 19

Line 19 says:

$to = $shipment->email, address, here->GetText();

I'm not sure if that helps you or not, but If we could somehow figure this out I hope you can apply it. Or if this is not the way to go, would be interested in hearing what others have tried as well.

Thanks.
Aaron
Aaron

Posted: 06/24/2004, 1:59 PM

Well, if anyone is interested, I did figure it out (to an extent).

The e-mail line needs to be

$to = "e-mail address";

But, I'm getting an e-mail that says 'Array'. Not what the users have checked.

I hope some of this helps ya Nick. I'm guessing that you could make any kind of form, especially something with a memo field, not have it update a db, and e-mail you the contents. At least, it'd be nice to think it could be done easily :D
NickM

Posted: 06/24/2004, 6:11 PM

Thanks Aaron.
I've taken the chicken's way out and created a form using Golive and some ready-made formmailer php to do the job.
The next step will be to use CCS to replace the static fields with dynamic ones by drawing on a dbase.
Perhaps that may be an easier solution, rather than using CCS from the start (I don't find CCS very intuitive, especially for doing simple tasks - like sending emails!).
Aaron

Posted: 06/25/2004, 5:19 AM

I've actually found a php form that works very well. If you'd like a link to it or a copy PM or e-mail me and I'll send it along.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that doesn't find CCS all that intuitive. It does seem that as you try to simple things, it becomes overly complicated. I had to use Dreamweaver to make my frames page as I couldn't quickly figure out how to do it with CCS and I already knew how in DW (like so many things I've done with it).

Regards.

Aaron
Damian
Posted: 06/26/2004, 6:46 AM

You should probably try to use include pages ather than frames. Frames dont
link to very well.

"Aaron" <Aaron@forum.codecharge> wrote in message
news:540dc186c2dd3a@news.codecharge.com...
> I've actually found a php form that works very well. If you'd like a link
to it
> or a copy PM or e-mail me and I'll send it along.
>
> I'm glad that I'm not the only one that doesn't find CCS all that
intuitive. It
> does seem that as you try to simple things, it becomes overly complicated.
I
> had to use Dreamweaver to make my frames page as I couldn't quickly figure
out
> how to do it with CCS and I already knew how in DW (like so many things
I've
> done with it).
>
> Regards.
>
> Aaron
> ---------------------------------------
> Sent from YesSoftware forum
> http://forums.codecharge.com/
>

Aaron

Posted: 07/01/2004, 8:41 AM

I thought about that, but so far, I've not had any problems. I only have a nav bar at the top that is static and everything else either opens a new window or stays in the main page.

I ended up hand coding a php form to fill out, but would still be interested if someone could figure out the e-mail thing...

Aaron
Bernd
Posted: 07/02/2004, 11:37 AM

:-D
Try this,
In the page properties (events screen) scroll down to before unload, add an action, choose e-mail. The code I used is as follows:

//Send Email @192-A1468434
global $Tpl;
$body = $Tpl->print_block_modified("EditableGrid list_prod").$Tpl;

$to = "your e-mail";
$subject = "guess what goes here";
$message = "Please confirm" .$body;
$from = "Online";
$additional_headers = "From: $from\nReply-To: $from\nContent-Type: text/html";
mail ($to, $subject, $message, $additional_headers);
//End Send Email
Aaron

Posted: 07/02/2004, 2:38 PM

And will that pull data in from the data base, populate the grid and send you the results of the checked boxes?

Aaron
Bernd
Posted: 07/02/2004, 3:13 PM

This will send you all the data "AS" displayed on the screen, so be sure to have everything displayed before you use this, and obviously have everything sent to the db.

You recive a htm file as attachment, looks like a screenshot.
Aaron

Posted: 07/05/2004, 10:33 AM

Ok, I know I'm missing something obvious, but I'm getting errors on this line:
$body = $Tpl->print_block_modified("EditableGrid list_prod").$Tpl;
At Print_block_modified. I've changed this to the name of the grid (CheckBoxList1) but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Aaron

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login