CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

PHP Security Groups

Print topic Send  topic

Anneliese

Posted: 06/19/2004, 8:30 AM

I am using the portal example and require a system whereby the following hierachy is established:-

Admin - Edit/Administer evertyhing
Officers - they have depts which they total control over and can administer all the entries and users within their department but cannot view the other departments entries or officers
Sub-officers - can only administrate their own entries
Uses can view all entries but cannot administer anything.

If anyone can point me in the correct direction I would be extremly grateful. :-)
View profile  Send private message
RonB

Posted: 06/22/2004, 1:13 PM

Hi,

We use the security features from CCS but use , seperated strings for pages and user levels. We use our own function to authenticate a page (all pages are set to protected:no in the toolbox. Every page name and location is inserted into the database and , seperated levels can be assigned to them:

./ default.php 1,5,24,68

in the user table we add the user levels in the same way

admin 2,3,24,35

We use the login set by the security tab in project settings so when a user logs in his levels are assigned to the GroupID variable.

In the above logging in would result in a GroupID of 2,3,24,35

The next function authenticates the page (we 've added it to the common.php file at the bottom):

code]
function authenticate()
{
//breng $FileName en $Redirect in scope
global $FileName;
global $Redirect;
global $pagePath;
global $pageName;
//maak nieuwe verbinding met de database
$db=new clsDBmysql();
//Gebruikers id wordt aan $user toegewezen
$user=CCGetUserID();
//toegangsniveau's van de gebruiker worden toegewezen aan $userlevel
$userLevel=CCGetGroupID();
//pad naar de pagina wordt toegewezen aan $pagePath
$pagePath=dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) ."/";
//pagina naam wordt toegewezen aan $pageName
$pageName=$FileName;
//haal de toegangsniveau's voor deze pagina op
//$pageLevel=CCGetDBValue("select page_level_values from page_level1 where page_level_path='" .$pagePath ."' and page_level_name='" .$pageName ."' and page_level_values in (" .$userLevel .")" ,$db);
//debug=>
//echo $user ."<br>" .$userLevel ."<br>" .$pagePath ."<br>" .$pageName ."<br>" .$pageLevel;
// controleer of $user leeg is. Zo ja dan inloggen, zo nee dan toegangsniveau checken
if($user=="")
{

$Redirect="http://10.3.1.99/nieuwestijl/login.php?ret_link=" .$pagePath .$pageName;
}
elseif(CCGetDBValue("select page_level_values from page_level1 where page_level_path='" .$pagePath ."' and page_level_name='" .$pageName ."' and page_level_values in (" .$userLevel .")" ,$db) =="")
{
$Redirect="http://10.3.1.99/nieuwestijl/oops.php?ret_link=" .$pagePath .$pageName;

}

}
Sorry comments are in dutch. This function is called on every page in a before show event. We use an admin section on the site to administer page levels and user levels. During development we use a different function to make sure every page get's inserted into the database without us having to do itt manualy:

function check_page()
{
global $FileName;
$db=new clsDBmysql();
$my_test=CCGetDBValue(" select page_level_name from page_level1 where page_level_path='" .dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) ."/' and page_level_name='" .$FileName ."'" , $db);

if ($my_test == "")
{

$db->query("insert into page_level1 (page_level_path,page_level_name) values('" .dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) ."/','" .$FileName ."')");
}
}

A seperate table is used to define the levels. It's a simple table that holds the id and description id=1 desc=admin etc. Hope you can use this. Ron
Anneliese

Posted: 06/22/2004, 9:10 PM

Thanks you are extremely kind I had given up on getting a reply :-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login