CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Help/Consulting -> Help - Jobs Wanted

PHP 5.0 and problems with registering

Print topic Send  topic

juliajama
Posted: 05/31/2004, 1:50 PM

I am generating a web site in Apache with PHP and MySQL. I believe the problem I have is because of the sessions, because I had just generated the same site with ASP and MSSQL in the same way and I had not had problems with the part of the login.

The problem is that when i enter username and password I stay in the same form, it does not do anything, but It recibe the values of the username and password, because some of the values are bad it gives a message advising that the values are incorrect.

The next one is one of the message it gave when i added an echo of the session variable UsuId before of doing the header.

Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

I do not know what it can be. I have probed it with PHP 5.0 and 4.3.4 but it does not function with any of them.

Please, excuse for my english, but i need your help as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Julia.
Langston
Posted: 06/11/2004, 1:33 PM

The problem you are having I have seem many times using Oscommerce on certain sites that disable "register_globals". But these same sites give me no problem when I generate and upload applications using CCS. Are you using CC or CCS? Have you tried using Cookies instead of Session for Login? Does it still fail?

If you like to know what had to be done for Oscommerce drop me a line atceinj@aol.com

RonB

Posted: 06/22/2004, 1:49 PM

Have you tried switching to super globals ( in CCS click on the project name -> in the toolbox set use super globals to yes and make sure you regenerate the entire site). That way you avoud the register_globals problem.

On some websites you are allowed to access php setting through a .htaccess file in the directory. You can set register_globals to yes in this file:

php_flag register_globals on

Hope this helps

Ron
View profile  Send private message
Arm
Posted: 09/16/2004, 12:49 AM

Hi! please can one give me an idea how to create a session in PHP

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login