CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Navigator wrong behaviour

Print topic Send  topic

hiroshi

Posted: 05/20/2004, 8:11 PM

Hello,

I am using CCS Ver. 2.2.2.40 and mysql database.

I want to show a summary data of a certain transaction data table using a grid. Let's say my table name is t_sales has 3 fields : transaction_no, cust_id, and sales_amount .

My sql statement looks like below:
select cust_id, sum(sales_amount) as amount from t_sales group by cust_id .

My grid name is t_sales_grid, and I am restricting the records per page to 20.

The problem is, eventhough the result of the sql statement above is more than 20 rows, the navigator object does not behave correctly because it depends on the $this->ds->PageCount() to set the $this->Navigator->TotalPages.
$this->ds->PageCount() itself depends on $this->CountSQL that being calculated in $this->ds->open() method.

'Select count(*)' will give multiple result if 'group by' option is added, and I believe that CCS only takes the first row value as the result. Now I am doing workaround by 'wrapping' the $this->CountSQL in the grid BeforeExecuteSelect event as follows:

// -------------------------
global $t_sales_grid;
// Write your own code here.'
$t_sales_grid->ds->CountSQL = "select count(*) from (" . $t_sales_grid->ds->CountSQL . ") as tmp ";
// -------------------------

I think CCS should take care of counting the correct row when the sql statement contains group by option.

rgs,
hiroshi
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 05/20/2004, 11:29 PM

The CountSQL property was implemented in CCS specifically to resolve such issues. What you did looks like the correct way to set the count when CCS is unable to determine it.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login