CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Perl

404 error when moving from Windows to Unix

Print topic Send  topic

Krishna Malyala
Posted: 05/18/2004, 7:36 AM

I am using CCS to create a grid view with search on top. But When I do the Search ion Widnwos it works fine and I see the Query sting on the URL but when I move to Unix I just see list.cgi?ccsForm=WHG_CALLTREESearch [this is the form name) but no other information in the url like on windows.
Also This same problems when I'm updating the information on a single row, the sumbit works and update but doesn't go back to the the grid view but gives a 404 error.

I check the logs about the 404 error but the files are there. Any one have any ideas.
Thanks
Krishna
Aaron Settles
Posted: 05/18/2004, 1:21 PM

Sounds webserver isn't finding the files. Are you using relative paths or absolute? If relative, have you tried using absolute paths?
David Hempy
Posted: 06/15/2004, 4:55 PM

Could be a case-sensitivity issue in your path. Any chance you're linking to List.cgi as list.cgi or something?

-dave
rogersw

Posted: 09/20/2004, 9:24 AM

Is this possibly a problem with the perl path in the project settings?

This line would be different for a windows host and a unix host.

windows
#!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe

unix
#!/usr/bin/perl

On unix this will vary considerably. Either ask the ISP admin what the path is or open a shell window on the unix host and type "which perl". Some ISPs support more than one version of perl, so keep that in mind.

View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login