CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Themes and CSS

Print topic Send  topic

Philip
Posted: 05/17/2004, 6:43 PM

The ability in CCS to edit the theme CSS style is nice but... if I decide I want to make the font smaller throughout the whole page, I have to go redefine the font size in about 30 places... very tedious. My other option is to go search for the stylesheet file, open it up in a different text editor and do a search and replace. This is also a pain - computers should make life easier, not harder... ;-)

The CSS paradigm includes inheritance, which means that if the BODY or any other tag's font size is defined, all the subsequent style tags contained within the BODY tag will inherit the same size until defined otherwise. I don't understand why nearly all the Codecharge Studio styles for data class, column class , alt data column class, etc etc etc all have the font size defined, especially when they are all usually defined as the same size...

I wish CCS would either create or update their stylesheets in a way that makes use of inheritance and minimizes the required editing, or create amechanism that speeds up the editing.
pcfountain

Posted: 05/18/2004, 9:22 AM

I would like to second this request. I have edited several of the style.css files by hand because the Themes editor in Codecharge Studio is overly cumbersome and tedious. Editing the files took much longer than it should have, because of the reasons stated above. The whole process could be streamlined significantly.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login