CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

GroupID problem giving illegalGroup error in return url

Print topic Send  topic

Roberto

Posted: 05/17/2004, 1:27 AM

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the security on a site with 2 user levels - one setup using the project builder from the outset ("user"), and the other ("coy") added afterwards by creating an extra ID level and setting the relevant pages and form elements to restricted.

The original user level security works fine and the additional "coy" security level allows access to the correct restricted pages and is blocked, correctly, from others. The problem arises when someone in the "coy" group tries to submit or update info, when they are immediately returned to the login page with a url ending in "illegalGroup":
eg. http://localhost/xc/coy/coydetails.php?ret_link=%2Fxc%2...pe=illegalGroup
This only happens in the "coy" group and happens even when only the page is restricted and not the forms in it. The correct session variable is maintained throughout.

I have chased round and round, created extra groups with different names, restricted and unrestricted pages and forms, checked that the session variables are correct and so on. I'm tearing my hair out!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
View profile  Send private message
Roberto

Posted: 05/23/2004, 3:44 AM

Solved by doing a workround. I used the option to give higher groups the access rights to lower groups, then hid the unwanted page links from the higher group.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login