CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

record maintenance, change to label, hidden field ...

Print topic Send  topic

chris

Posted: 04/14/2004, 1:47 PM

Win XP : MySQL : PHP

Hi,

I am new in CCS, and I am building a small app, just to get a feeling how flexible it is; I have the following problem; I'd like to insert/update a record with e.g. 4 fields, where field4 contains a value resulting from a lookup of field 2 & 3. (getting the description from two different tables)
I've generated the grid & maintenance_record with the builder; changed the field 2 & 3 to list-boxes in the maintenance-record; changed field 4 to a label, and had it display what I wanted (followed the example in the tuorial); in EDIT-mode, I'd like to update the db, with this content and I tried to do it with a hidden field; but here I got stuck, how do I get the content of label4 into the hidden field, so it gets updated ? (use action-code or do I need to code it myself)
In INSERT-mode it is even getting more complex; I can only fill field 4 (label) after I press the update-button ???
There must be a simpler way to do this ... can some-one help, or point me in the correct direction ?

thx,

Chris
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login