CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Include pages dynamically at execution time... how?

Print topic Send  topic

Aleister

Posted: 04/04/2004, 7:06 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know how to include (includable) pages dynamically in a page?

I mean, like the way blocks works in phpnuke type portals. Disable, enable, change order etc.

But for all this to happen I need to include pages at execution time...
View profile  Send private message
srinivas

Posted: 04/04/2004, 1:10 PM

I may not understand you correctly, but...

Every thing that is done thru code is done at the execution time. You can certainly create blocks like php-nuke dynamically, by simply creating ALL the blocks into your page and setting VISIBILITY to ON of OFF based on certain conditions.

Just remember there are two ways to turn off visibility, one at the FORM level itself (event: before show) or one at the page level(event: after initialize). You need to understand how they both effect your page execution before employing one or both.

-Srinivas
Aleister

Posted: 04/04/2004, 3:55 PM

Quote srinivas:
I may not understand you correctly, but...

Every thing that is done thru code is done at the execution time. You can certainly create blocks like php-nuke dynamically, by simply creating ALL the blocks into your page and setting VISIBILITY to ON of OFF based on certain conditions.

Just remember there are two ways to turn off visibility, one at the FORM level itself (event: before show) or one at the page level(event: after initialize). You need to understand how they both effect your page execution before employing one or both.

-Srinivas

Thanks for your reply Srinivas,
Creating all blocks is not what I need, execution time is the first issue and most important is that they cannot change place on screen.

I imagine something like a template variable which programmatically includes some pages based on various calculations
peterr

Posted: 04/04/2004, 7:19 PM

Aleister,
You can include one includable page into another page, then search the generated code for the name of your included page to see how it is included. Then you can use this code as an example and implement your methodology for dynamically including pages.
You can start with changing the "include_once" statement in the generated code so that it includes pages dynamically, then test and extend your code as needed.
I don't know how much coding may be required, therefore it may be up to you to test this out and determine what's needed.

Of course there is a possibility that someone else has already done this and possibly will post some tips or solution here.
feha

Posted: 04/05/2004, 6:02 AM

Please follow this link
http://ccs.ath.cx/bb/viewtopic.php?t=55
You will find lot of answers on this question ...
regards

www.vision.to
feedpixel.com
Aleister

Posted: 04/05/2004, 3:58 PM

Thank you all for your replies,

feha, I am already checking the link you suggested.

Regards,
Aleister

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login