CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Warning (Life Hell)

Print topic Send  topic

BDHOO
Posted: 04/02/2004, 8:29 AM

I just touched CodeCharge Studio (Trial) with

Win2k
Apache 2
PHP 4.x
MySQL (Connecting with MyODBC Driver)

upto preview its ok, While i publish it gives followings... in the published page, along with the interfaces I create.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_5c353be3b8ff42f59bd3221cf89865d5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php:9) in E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php:9) in E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php:9) in E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php:9) in E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php on line 11

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php:9) in E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\NewProject7\Common.php on line 12
---------------------------------------------

any one there to help ?
sebastian

Posted: 04/02/2004, 11:47 AM

You need to configure PHP session handler properly.
Set session.save_path property in php.ini file to a valid temporary folder.

Sebastian
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 04/02/2004, 1:01 PM

The error reads "No such file or directory". And indeed your "/tmp" directory doesn't look valid for Windows. Please setup your PHP configuration.
BDHOO
Posted: 04/03/2004, 9:19 AM

thanks (sebastian + peterr). Its working now.
"session" thing was new to me.
brainc1
Posted: 08/12/2004, 1:00 PM

I'm having a similar problem. I'm getting the following error
Warning: main(./Common.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in d:\Customers\user1068613\www\default.php on line 6
after moving the site from the "staging" sub directory (beneath www) up one level to www. All worked fine before, now I'm getting these errors.

The php.ini file hasn't changed - we don't have control over the config being on a shared box.

Any suggestions? I've tried publishing everything again but nothing seems to be working.

peterr

Posted: 08/12/2004, 1:04 PM

This is not a similar problem...

What happens if you publish directly to that folder? Same error, or a different one?
brainc1
Posted: 08/12/2004, 1:10 PM

I have been publishing to the "www/stage" folder. everything worked fine there. I've now changed the publish settings just to the "www" folder and i'm getting these errors. All files have been uploaded correctly and are visible on the server.
Damian
Posted: 08/12/2004, 4:11 PM

wass the "missing" file created in Code Charge? Did CC upload it? Have you
checked on teh server that the file is there?

"brainc1" <brainc1@forum.codecharge> wrote in message
news:5411bcea6ec179@news.codecharge.com...
> I have been publishing to the "www/stage" folder. everything worked fine
there.
> I've now changed the publish settings just to the "www" folder and i'm
getting
> these errors. All files have been uploaded correctly and are visible on
the
> server.
> ---------------------------------------
> Sent from YesSoftware forum
> http://forums.codecharge.com/
>

brainc1

Posted: 08/12/2004, 4:37 PM

Damian, yes the files are all plainly visible on the server.

I did a little test checking "include()". I was only able to get something loaded correctly by taking the dot and slash out of the path (like this):

define("RelativePath", "");  
include(RelativePath . "test.html");  
echo "Common loaded";  

all combinations of dot, slash, no dot, slash, etc. gave the same error. It was only after taking both out that it loaded correctly.

I have files running correctly in a subdirectly, it's only in the "www" directory that this happens. It seems they both have the same access permissions set so I'm completely at a loss.
damned
Posted: 08/20/2004, 1:17 AM

Have you updated ALL your Project Settings - ie root directory?
brainc1

Posted: 08/25/2004, 9:35 AM

i ended up having to use:
define("RelativePath",dirname($_ENV["PATH_TRANSLATED"]));

rather than "."

We've determined that "." is not interpreted correctly for some reason. Replacing that reference with the above code on all our pages fixed everything.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login