CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

server problems

Print topic Send  topic

mickorourke

Posted: 03/31/2004, 9:42 PM

My project is built with php +msql css. win2000
I have uploaded the project to a remote server and am having problems, this project worked perfectly on my own machine useing , php 4 + msql 4 + apache 2.and on iis:-/
Problem 1 login in wont work "error cant find table"

Main Problem have linked Grids to record forms to update my content useing links with proper parameters ie courses.php?Ref=2.
The content shows fine in the grid ,but the content does not appear in the record form just a blank textarea,

Problem 3 I wanted to use frames for the main page But when I uploaded a frames page named Index it showed my whole directory,
In the CCS help files "deploying php applications" it makes referance to problems with session variables Could this be my problem.
this is a link to some test pages on my server.
http://www.ennissubaqua.com/HOME.php
I made these pages to test my database tables. If some one could take a look I would be most greatful.
Thank you Mick.
View profile  Send private message
lvalverdeb

Posted: 03/31/2004, 10:48 PM

Hi Mick,

If your remote server is apache on linux then table names are case-sensitive. I believe this is the cause of the problem in your login page. Variable names are also case-sensitive in php.

Does your record form, on the courses.php, page have a filter parameter named Ref? Since the record form does not refresh after submitting, it is possible you are either missing that parameter on the record form data source or that you may have used the wrong case when setting up the parameter.

I am not sure how to help you with the frames questions. I never use the index.html as a frame page. I use it to redirect to my main page which may contain frames. This is an example of the contents of my index.html page:

<script language="javascript>  
window.location=myhomepage.php  
</script>  

This approach seems to work for me. Maybe other forum users will provide you with a solution.

Luis

mickorourke

Posted: 04/01/2004, 8:21 AM

thanks for the reply lvalverdeb.
sounds like it could be the problem i built the msql db on the server so it may not be exactly like the one on my pc.I will work on it to night, and make a post tomorrow.
Thanks again
mick
Posted: 04/01/2004, 11:11 AM

To lvalverdeb problem solved.
:-D the problem was upper case letters in my home database
and lower case on the remote database. the system is apache +linux.

Thanks again

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login