CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> IDE/GUI

Can't save changes to HTML file in Template format

Print topic Send  topic

Tipu
Posted: 03/30/2004, 5:51 PM

When i try to edit html file in template type. and then open it back again in CC it always try over write the changed file.

is there anyway that i can edit HTML pages in CC or if i edit them outside CC it won't over write but keep the format.

thanks in adv.

paporter
Posted: 03/31/2004, 8:56 AM

Quote :
is there anyway that i can edit HTML pages in CC or if i edit them outside CC it won't over write but keep the format.

If you select the page whose template you DO NOT want CC to change and at the very top of the page screen click on the properties icon you will see a check box that reads: " Regenerate HTML template file" . Uncheck that checkbox. Now when you change your code your template page should be left the way you want it.

Have Fun;

paporter
srinivas

Posted: 03/31/2004, 9:28 AM

This is something from my experience with CC a while back. When my project folder is the same as PUBLISHed folder for the web-server to pickup, I ran into problems. On a hindsight this might look silly but when I started with CC it was not :-).

-Srinivas
View profile  Send private message
Tipu

Posted: 03/31/2004, 11:04 AM

I don't want to uncheck Regenerate option.
bcoz if next time i make changes to the page either the html part won't get updated or i lose all the changes i made.

i just want to find out a way that CC adopt that changes next time it regenrate that page
Marcus

Posted: 04/01/2004, 9:20 AM

Tipu, if you do not want to uncheck the Regenerate option of the html page than you will have to re-edit the page. CC will use its default layout not your modification.

If you uncheck the Regenerate flag than changes like addition and/or deletion of fields from the html will have to be manually updated.
asdf
Posted: 10/31/2004, 8:41 PM

:-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login