CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

A different Perser error

Print topic Send  topic

Galatic_Rick
Posted: 03/25/2004, 8:43 PM

:-<

Brand new - just downloaded tonight - it looks great if I can get it to work - I read though the forum and yes I did set up a virtual directory - anyone got an idea for this error?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'test1.NewPage1.NewPage1Page'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <!--ASPX page @1-448CD787-->
Line 2: <%@ Page language="vb" Codebehind="NewPage1.aspx.vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="test1.NewPage1.NewPage1Page" %>
Line 3: <%@ Import namespace="test1.NewPage1" %>
Line 4: <%@ Import namespace="test1.Configuration" %>

Source File: C:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Projects\test1\NewPage1.aspx Line: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
peterr

Posted: 03/25/2004, 8:55 PM

I suspect that the Virtual Directory must be placed somewhere in your Webserver folder structure, instead of "C:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Projects\test1\" as the error indicates.
I recommend creating the Virtual Directory in the "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\..." folder and publishing the programs there.
View profile  Send private message
Galatic_Rick
Posted: 03/26/2004, 4:37 PM

:-<

Hmmmmm...

I am confused (LOL not unusual)

Let me repeat back what I think I need to do; Tell me where I went wrong :-)

1) set path to the .net SDK in options (Done)
2) New project - in CC set up I leave this the default (in this case C:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Projects\test1\) (Done)
3) Inn IIS I create a virtual Directory under the web applications read/scripts/write - (in this case named "test1") and then point it to C:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Projects\test1\ (Done)
4) I use a wizard (builder) - I used the default intranet db option).
5) Save (done)
6) Publish
a - location local/network
b - sever path C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test1
c - http://localhost/test1
d - Project files radio selected
All done

I am sure I must have made some stupid mistake.... please let me know what it is.
peterr

Posted: 03/26/2004, 6:51 PM

The problem is definitely in pointing the Virtual Directroy to the project folder "C:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Projects\test1\".
The Virtual Directory should be on the Web server. This is where you publish the files (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test1)
Galatic_Rick
Posted: 03/27/2004, 7:43 AM

YAY!!!! success - thank you.
Michael Rich
Posted: 04/03/2004, 11:15 PM

I get the same error message, but my virtual directory *IS* in the web server path...

Any suggestions?
peterr

Posted: 04/04/2004, 12:00 AM

What is the full error message? There could be some clues like the "Source File:" error line above.
deb
Posted: 07/19/2004, 6:48 PM

I am having the same problem with a Parser Error and have followed the guidelines stated but still come up with an error. Any ideas???

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'HDSNet.Login.LoginPage'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <!--ASPX page @1-EC4E2FF7-->
Line 2: <%@ Page language="vb" Codebehind="Login.aspx.vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="HDSNet.Login.LoginPage" %>
Line 3: <%@ Import namespace="HDSNet.Login" %>
Line 4: <%@ Import namespace="HDSNet.Configuration" %>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HDSNet\Login.aspx Line: 2

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
peterr

Posted: 07/19/2004, 11:17 PM

I was able to duplicate the exact same problem when I didn't create Virtual Directory. Therefore please set "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HDSNet" as Virtual Directory for your "HDSNet" Website in IIS.
drew

Posted: 07/24/2004, 7:04 PM

Hi Peter, quick thought. I too encountered this issue, searched the forums, encountered your answers, tried creating a separate virtual folder and indeed this made the whole thing work.
My question is basic. What is it about CodeCharge projects that force you to have a virtual folder that differs from the project folder? I have many other projects and solutions in vs.net where the virtual folder maps directly to the working folder, thereby eliminating the need to 'publish', at least locally. I am curious, the issue is not a deal-breaker, but will force another level of admin activity, tis all.. thanks, drew..
peterr

Posted: 07/24/2004, 7:39 PM

Actually, you can map virtual folder to the project folder...
However, most of these problems happen when users map virtual folder to the project folder, but publish to a different folder. Thus my "fix" solves this and couple other issues, and I just recommend it at once.
Generally .NET requires that you publish to the folder that is the virtual directory.
However:
1. Whichever folder is your worknig folder, you still need to publish it somewhere. CCS is a code generator, not editor, therefore it must output the generated programs somewhere, and compile them if they are .NET.
2. It is not recommended to use the same folder for the project and for publishing, because CCS will generate code into the same folder and would mix it up with the source files. This can cause strange warnings like "the file was modified outside of CCS", plus it confuses the developers because they may not know which files to put on the server.
I suspect that whichever IDE you're using, you still don't want your source and project files on the server (for security reasons). And even if you know which files are source files, you still may not want to decide one-by-one if each file belongs to the server or to your project, especially when you FTP your Website to a Web hosting company.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login