CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Some in example pack generate errors

Print topic Send  topic

mn
Posted: 03/09/2004, 4:13 PM

Did I screw up on the installation?

I installed the example pack on mySql, php and some of the examples work such as the section of Index/Directory examples. I can view and modify the data shown. However, the next several example, some got errors, others show the data retrieved from database, but got error on submit, or add, or modify. I did not go through all of the examples yet, but managed to capture errors on the one I tried as below:

Example Pack Errors:

Module: Editable Grid with 'Add Row' Button

EditableGridAddButton_events.php
when this page opens, I get a bunch of these errors with the Undefined offset value increments from 10 to 39

Errors look as follow:

Notice: Undefined offset: 10 in c:\www\ccs\examplepack\editablegridaddbutton\EditableGridAddButton_events.php on line 38

Module: Editable Grid with Auto New Rows

when this page opens, I get a bunch of these errors with the Undefined offset value increments from 10 to 39

Errors look as follow:

EditableGridAutoRows
Notice: Undefined offset: 10 in c:\www\ccs\examplepack\editablegridautorows\EditableGridAutoRows_events.php on line 40

Module: Simple Master-Detail for Employess/Project

when adding a new employee using the: 'Name, Title, Department' text boxes generates

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\www\ccs\examplepack\Common.php on line 483

yet the record is created if I click on the click through the Employees grid box the new name show up

Module: Master-Detail Form for Order Entry

The list of orders show up when this page opens, but when clicking on the Order Number the following error pops up:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: clsdbintranetdb in c:\www\ccs\examplepack\orderentry\OrderEntry_events.php on line 96

Module: Updating Many-to-Many Relations via Multi-Select Listbox

When this page opens, I see the list of Projects, and clicking on one of the projects, the following error shows up:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: clsdbintranetdb in c:\www\ccs\examplepack\manytomanylistbox\ManyToManyListbox_events.php on line 29

Any hint?

Thanks,
Minhski
peterr

Posted: 03/09/2004, 8:24 PM

Looks like something went wrong when creating the example.
Try creating a new project based on CCS Example Pack. Make sure that you select PHP when creating the project.
View profile  Send private message
mn
Posted: 03/16/2004, 9:59 PM

The problem came from naming the database name as 'myintranet', but the custom code had it as 'intranet'.

I had to go into all the custom code sections of the examples in the package and replace all reference of 'DBIntranetDB' to 'myDBIntranetDB'.

Interestingly, the CCS generated code knew about the new name 'myintranet' that's why certain sections, forms work and some don't. Like the first screen of the PopUplist , or the OrderEntry screens, show me all the records, but when drill down on the 'Employee List' in the PopUplist, or the 'OrderID' in the OrderEntry screen would show the 'Cannot instantiate non-existent class' error.
mn
Posted: 03/16/2004, 10:14 PM

Misspelled in the previous message
it should read 'replace all reference of 'DBIntranetDB' to 'DBmyIntranetDB' in the 3rd paragraph.
peterr

Posted: 03/16/2004, 10:19 PM

OK. Keep in mind that you can name the database however you like but the connection names should be kept unchanged.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login